Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

This almost certainly is not sustainable but in less than 25% of the at bats Bauers had Bradley has produced more HRs and RBI than Bauers and OBP, SLG and OPS vastly superior to Bauers'.

Would have been nice to have a much better bat in the lineup during the Bauers' ordeal.

Was the Bauers experiment really worth it?

On 6/17/2021 at 8:05 PM, bruceb said:

This almost certainly is not sustainable but in less than 25% of the at bats Bauers had Bradley has produced more HRs and RBI than Bauers and OBP, SLG and OPS vastly superior to Bauers'.

Would have been nice to have a much better bat in the lineup during the Bauers' ordeal.

Was the Bauers experiment really worth it?

also Bradly came up right when the league was cracking down on spider tac. so maybe in the end it has worked out. Bradley did have an issue with striking out. Maybe his confidence could have been completely shot. I like what we are seeing but I hope he can keep it up. Need to see what happens once pitchers starter to figure out how to attack him and how Bradley adjusts to that. we all thought Oscar was going to be a stud after he was called up but has been a disappointment. Bauer was hot garbage and glad we finally moved on

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brooks1957 said:

Congrats to Eli Morgan - FIRST ML win.

This kid sure passes the eyeball test, and is only going to get better.

His stats say you need to schedule an appointment with an Optometrists

(I have no clue how he has looked, thanks to FSO/Bally)...So I can only go off of the stats

• Like 2

In both this start yesterday and the previous one vs the Cubs in Wrigley, there was a defensive play NOT made by the Indians that extended innings. Both times the scorer ruled them as hits, so the subsequent runs were earned, and shouldn't have been. Should have been out of the inning. Of course, that led to elevated pitch counts, and what followed were two seeing eye hits, and then a game changing hit.

That kind of non support is crushing to a young pitcher.

What I do like about Eli is he is aggressive in the strike zone, aka he doesn't nibble, and he is constantly changing speeds and eye levels with his pitches. He has pretty good command of his breaking stuff too.

Yes, it was the Tigers, but you have to start somewhere.

Edited by brooks1957
  • Like 1

I know they have been rough a bit recently but the fact that the Indians are 10 games above .500 this far into the season with the lowest payroll in baseball AND missing time from Bieber, Civale, Plesac, Perez, Reyes, Luplow and Naylor is absolute insanity.

Give Terry Francona the Manager of the Year award right now please.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I know they have been rough a bit recently but the fact that the Indians are 10 games above .500 this far into the season with the lowest payroll in baseball AND missing time from Bieber, Civale, Plesac, Perez, Reyes, Luplow and Naylor is absolute insanity.

Give Terry Francona the Manager of the Year award right now please.

truly is! Hands down the best manager in the league. Really wish we could give him top tier talent

40 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Too bad he doesn't have the horses to make a run.

If this Indians team was fully healthy I bet they could win a series or two in the playoff. Nobody expected the level of contributions they have gotten from Harold Ramirez, Ahmed Rosario, Bobby Bradley and Josh Naylor.