Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

On 7/14/2021 at 6:04 AM, brooks1957 said:

Better yet, there were 20 rounds - and the Tribe selected 18 pitcher, 1 outfielder, and 1 middle infielder.

Hope they didn't cut off their nose to spite their face.

Well with their ability to develop pitchers. Draft and develop them and than trade them for bats

On 7/14/2021 at 6:04 AM, brooks1957 said:

Better yet, there were 20 rounds - and the Tribe selected 18 pitcher, 1 outfielder, and 1 middle infielder.

Hope they didn't cut off their nose to spite their face.

The headline should read:

Cleveland Indians hedge, draft 18 pitchers in anticipation of eventual Shane Beiber trade.

10 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Okay here is my thing.

1) The Indians will always be the Indians. It will take a LONG time for me to get used to saying "oh man theres a Guardians game tonight"

2) The Guardians is WAY WAY WAY better than the Spiders that sounds like a Madden created team name. Of all the mediocre names they sorted this, the Guardians is the one that sucked the least. Plus there is still the 'ians' in it

3) The logos could have been a lot better. The G with the baseball and wings is absolutely horrific. Why dont they just hire GV Artwork to design their logo. Clearly whoever designs them for the team is out of touch. I would like a unique logo that would look cool on a hat or shirt, you know, like Cheif Wahoo was. Ever since they banned that logo, they have played it beyond boring and safe with logos.

4) Can we quit with the boring semi-block lettering and get a real font with some sort uniqueness to it please. Of all the thousands of fonts out there they just seem to love 'this is the most boring and unassuming lets roll with it"

Edited by AkronsWitness

25 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

3) The logos could have been a lot better. The G with the baseball and wings is absolutely horrific

You mean the logo they stole from a Mario Baseball game? Because thats exacty what I think they did lol

7 minutes ago, buno67 said:

You mean the logo they stole from a Mario Baseball game? Because thats exacty what I think they did lol

It is absolutly terrible and whoever they have doing Photoshop is clearly a beginner. What the hell is their infatuation with boxed lettering. Cmon. It literally looks like they used a clipart baseball and added a G to the side of it.

I need somebody under the age of 45 years old making logo decisions.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

Cleveland has been a key manufacturing center throughout the years. Why not The Builders, or the Forgers, or The Erectors......

Wait - I can hear the bad jokes on that last one already.

Or they could have honored the commerce in the area because of Lake Erie. Could have been the Shippers, Transporters, or Sailors.....

I am with you - AW - it will be a while, if ever, to get used to the Guardians.