Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

9 minutes ago, FGK said:

This was Cesar's last season under contract and that double A guy has actually been fantastic this year. I'm ticked at the ownership, but this is another solid move by the FO considering the hole that ownership has put them in.

Yep injuries have completely derailed the team. No reason to hold onto Ceasar

This team is in sell mode and I have no issue with that. What I do take issue with is blatant salary dumping and selling low/cutting guys like Hand when there’s a bigger return there in combination with not paying or willing to negotiate with guys in good faith.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Think Terry left to avoid this type of embarrassment and a losing season on his resume'.

I saw on twitter that somebody mentioned the Indians do not have a single player under contract next year. Not One!!! 

Look at this, its crazy. https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/cleveland-indians/payroll/2022/

They have 2 guys with team options (Jose/Perez) which they should pick up but right now there isnt a single other player under contract for next year.

The guy on twatter said that this is a golden opportunity that falls in line with the Indians/Guardians rebrand where they can go out and sign some good players to usher in the Guardians era. He mentioned that the FO should be aggressive because they need to kick off the new Guardians era with getting people to the park and a good team.

They literally have a blank slate of a payroll and a new team name.

Edited by AkronsWitness

Just now, bruceb said:

Now all they need is a new owner!🤣

Have you ever seen that before? Maybe that was all the part of shedding salary so they could go into the new team name era with a fresh start?

I hope its true what that guy said. I hope they lock up Jose/Reyes/Bieber/Civale for the long term and then just go on a spending spree.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

I saw on twitter that somebody mentioned the Indians do not have a single player under contract next year. Not One!!! 

False. We don't have anyone (other than the Jose Ramirez and Roberto Perez team options) on a SECOND contract. We obviously still have a boatload of Arb and Pre-Arb guys (Bieber, Plesac, Civale, Clase, and on and on). 

I mean, it's still insane how low of a payroll we could have, but it's not like we are blank slating it.

22 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Have you ever seen that before? Maybe that was all the part of shedding salary so they could go into the new team name era with a fresh start?

the rebrand only started over the past 2 seasons really. They have been cutting salary the moment they bought the team