Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

dolan shaking 

Thank god! If you can’t afford that, than you shouldn’t be an owner. It will either show us that Dolan can afford to have a payroll of at least $100m and thus outing him for being extremely cheap or it forces him to sell the team. Either way it’s a win win.

I understand owners will get a share of the new tax to help but they can’t give that much money to cheap owners to make it to $100m

no way the players vote that down. 

Edited by buno67
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Thank god! If you can’t afford that, then you shouldn’t be an owner. It will either show us that Dolan can afford to have a payroll of at least $100m and thus outing him for being extremely cheap or it forces him to sell the team. Either way it’s a win win.

I understand owners will get a share of the new tax to help but they can’t give that much money to cheap owners to make it to $100m

no way the players vote that down. 

Jake Bauers bout to get the bag real soon….

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Don't you dare get my hopes up MLB.

Sounds nice, but I'm not sure it would have the intended results.

The top FA's are still gonna gravitate to the top-paying teams. Getting the cheap teams to $100 M is nice, but it still doesn't put them in position to sign the big FA's.

That said, I want to see it so I can see what our FO would do. I have huge respect for what they've done with so little money. I can only imagine what they could do with a decent payroll.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Sounds nice, but I'm not sure it would have the intended results.

The top FA's are still gonna gravitate to the top-paying teams. Getting the cheap teams to $100 M is nice, but it still doesn't put them in position to sign the big FA's.

That said, I want to see it so I can see what our FO would do. I have huge respect for what they've done with so little money. I can only imagine what they could do with a decent payroll.

Exactly.

Moneyball WITH an analytics spin means that they would HAVE to spend money somewhere, and that's likely arms. At least if you have the horses and don't have to get rid of them, then you are always going to be in the thick of things with the deadline looming. Then, on years where you are in contention, you trade a guy and get a massive return of bats, or otherwise you sell (see: this team) and get a nice recoup of value while still maintaining your core roster and foundation.

1 minute ago, zelbell said:

Forcing us to actually spend is nice and all but we all know we’re just going to overpay random relievers and worthless outfielders every season to meet the salary floor

I think it makes it more likely that Dolan would sell. Which is the biggest prize of all. 

The way me and my friends describe the Indians is this....

If the Cavs had the Indians front office they would have probably gotten 2-3 titles instead of 1. 

If the Cavs had the Indians owners we would have traded LeBron after his rookie contract for a few future first rounders and expiring's so we wouldn't have to max him.

A salary floor is a good idea for the competitiveness of the league. 

• Like 4