Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

22 hours ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

Once we take a flyer on declining young player that they think they can bring back to life. 

Cant really say that, he spent one season with the Rasy, who was only 22 and had at least a positive WAR. He was considered a top prospect. The Indians have one so many trades with that method. Just didnt work out this team.

I will always have faith in this front office, just never with ownership

• Like 1

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

This might be the dumbest thing I’ve seen 2 baseball players ever do. I guess Lindor has been a problem as a whole.

If nothing else, a zoomed in picture of Lindor with the thumbs down and stink-eye will make a meme worth hanging on to.

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Glad we are rid of him.

He’s getting paid $43M this year to hit .220. Fans are allowed to boo. I’m never in favor of insults, etc. but booing bad play after a period of time is free game as far as I’m concerned.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, NateDawg said:

He’s getting paid $43M this year to hit .220. Fans are allowed to boo. I’m never in favor of insults, etc. but booing bad play after a period of time is free game as far as I’m concerned.

Yep, you can voice displeasure but insults and personal remarks are out of line.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, candyman93 said:

This might be the dumbest thing I’ve seen 2 baseball players ever do. I guess Lindor has been a problem as a whole.

And professional athletes wonder why "the fans are out of touch"...

LOL

Grow up guys. You get paid 9 figures to play a game for a living. You want the fans to do something nice, try producing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

LOL

Grow up guys. You get paid 9 figures to play a game for a living. You want the fans to do something nice, try producing.

COVID kinda showed how tone deaf some of these idiots are. It’s going to be cold soon and we will have a massive homeless problem over the next few months.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

COVID kinda showed how tone deaf some of these idiots are. It’s going to be cold soon and we will have a massive homeless problem over the next few months.

I think that the last 18 months has helped to give a lot of us a lot of perspective. The fact that you see some of these guys like Baker Mayfield wearing a mask and taking pictures/paying for a dying fan's expenses, meeting with him, etc. while other guys don't skip a beat without fans being able to attend games really show you some of their character, or lack thereof. (Basketball and baseball especially tbh)

22 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

LOL

Yeah life ain’t hard for ya, calm down.

That said, this isn’t new.  Athletes have always taken any perceived slight and used it as motivation.  If I’m a Mets fan idgaf if you flip off the fans daily if you’re winning lol.

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah life ain’t hard for ya, calm down.

That said, this isn’t new.  Athletes have always taken any perceived slight and used it as motivation.  If I’m a Mets fan idgaf if you flip off the fans daily if you’re winning lol.

Using slights as motivation is great, and win games, yes. That said, slighting the people paying to come watch you play is always ironic to me, considering without fans, they're unemployed. Fans are fickle and sometimes ignorant, but fan is short for "fanatic" for a reason, and when you don't produce and you're paid to do so, fans can, will, and should boo to voice their displeasure. 

I've always personally drawn the line at not booing a student athlete in any capacity, as they're not "paid professionals", albeit the NIL has me reconsidering that approach to an extent.

Then again, I get booed every Friday night, so I'm used to it by now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I've always personally drawn the line at not booing a student athlete in any capacity, as they're not "paid professionals", albeit the NIL has me reconsidering that approach to an extent.

That’s a really good point.

Don’t be a jackass and boo high school + college kids.

• Like 2

Using slights as motivation is great, and win games, yes. That said, slighting the people paying to come watch you play is always ironic to me, considering without fans, they're unemployed. Fans are fickle and sometimes ignorant, but fan is short for "fanatic" for a reason, and when you don't produce and you're paid to do so, fans can, will, and should boo to voice their displeasure. 

This is all fine.

booing a high school kid should make assault completely legal.  It’s gross.  Cheer or say nothing.

Then again, I get booed every Friday night, so I'm used to it by now.

Well you’re a paid professional. ;)