Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This is all fine.

booing a high school kid should make assault completely legal.  It’s gross.  Cheer or say nothing.

It's honestly ridiculous. I had a 10th grader in tears 2 weeks ago yelling at a guy in the stands who was being a complete (you know what). I went up to him, talked with him, and reinforced a few expectations about ignoring those in the stands who say hurtful things, why we were out there, and that I wasn't upset with him for anything. That was a stomach punch man.

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Well you’re a paid professional. ;) 

I just got my supplemental contract in the mail today at school. I'm pretty excited! I guess I can add guacamole to my next few Chipotle orders!!!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It's honestly ridiculous. I had a 10th grader in tears 2 weeks ago yelling at a guy in the stands who was being a complete (you know what). I went up to him, talked with him, and reinforced a few expectations about ignoring those in the stands who say hurtful things, why we were out there, and that I wasn't upset with him for anything. That was a stomach punch man.

why don’t they just kick these *******s out?

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I just got my supplemental contract in the mail today at school. I'm pretty excited! I guess I can add guacamole to my next few Chipotle orders!!!

Don’t spend it all in one place.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

why don’t they just kick these *******s out?

If it's malicious, they will. And to be honest, I've now been here long enough that if it's egregious, I'll stop the JV game and calmly head towards the stands and have a frank conversation about the privilege of watching a game, just like I would with our student section or any young person...or I'll just go stop the game and speak with our AD and have him to it, because he will.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Don’t spend it all in one place.

In all seriousness, despite my hourly breakdown being under $1 an hour, the extra couple paychecks is nice here and there, albeit if you're coaching HS football for the money, I pity you/your priorities in general.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Yep, hard to argue with. As a matter of fact, every coach at my HS since 1960 has ironically also been pretty lousy at his job as well. :) 

And just so we’re clear I was completely joking. I definitely know how horrible parents can be when it comes to sports and their children. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2021 at 11:14 AM, brooks1957 said:

I just saw that the Padres moved on from their manager.

Here's one not so much out of left field.......

Sandy Alomar, Jr. returns to the organization he started in pro ball with as the new manager - aka can't wait on the Guardians forever.

Idk, when Sandy was the manager in ‘20, he wasn’t very inspiring to me. I would rather go with a younger type manager when tito steps away

5 hours ago, buno67 said:

Idk, when Sandy was the manager in ‘20, he wasn’t very inspiring to me. I would rather go with a younger type manager when tito steps away

Yeah I had high hopes for Sandy to take over, but I’ve not been impressed. 

But it sounds like Tito will be back next year. 

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

They may have decided to call themselves the “Guardians”, but they’ll always be the “cheap ****s” to me.

• Like 2