Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Call me an American, but I was really hoping for a true underdog story where a ragtag group of unathletic middle aged men defeated Dolan and his high priced lawyers in a civil court, making them change their names and logo.

30 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Call me an American, but I was really hoping for a true underdog story where a ragtag group of unathletic middle aged men defeated Dolan and his high priced lawyers in a civil court, making them change their names and logo.

Yeah I was rooting hard for the roller derby Guardians on this. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Jimmy has his flaws, but unlike Dolan he actually spends money.

Same deal with Dan Gilbert, he’s very flawed, but he does what it takes to win.

I’d rather have a dumb owner who makes mistakes on occasion than a supposed “smart” owner who does the bare minimum. 

You can try to protect people from being stupid, but you can’t make them care.

Edited by candyman93

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Jimmy has his flaws, but unlike Dolan he actually spends money.

Same deal with Dan Gilbert, he’s very flawed, but he does what it takes to win.

I’d rather have a dumb owner who makes mistakes on occasion than a supposed “smart” owner who does the bare minimum. 

You can try to protect people from being stupid, but you can’t make them care.

I’d rather have an owner who just spends money and shuts up.

Youd think I was asking for something incredible or unheard of.

"The previous high in free agent spending for a winter was $2.4 billion. This offseason, teams have already committed $3.265 billion."

Cleveland paid $900,000 for Luke Maile. That's their sole free agency signing. The Guardians are responsible for 0.0276% of the total $ spent by MLB teams this offseason.

That is absolutely insane.

48 minutes ago, buno67 said:

"The previous high in free agent spending for a winter was $2.4 billion. This offseason, teams have already committed $3.265 billion."

Cleveland paid $900,000 for Luke Maile. That's their sole free agency signing. The Guardians are responsible for 0.0276% of the total $ spent by MLB teams this offseason.

And they said it would be different with this new minority owner. If you’re Jose Ramirez how do you not ask for a trade?

6 hours ago, buno67 said:

The payroll is half what it was in ‘01… twenty one ******* years ago.

Fans should just boycott everything until these clowns sell the franchise.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The payroll is half what it was in ‘01… twenty one ******* years ago.

Fans should just boycott everything until these clowns sell the franchise.

Yeah I emplore all of you to not buy tickets. Ownership is laughing at us. They think they can not even attempt to put a winning product out there and still turn a profit, not even caring about the result on the field. Take your kids to other, minor league games or something.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah I emplore all of you to not buy tickets. Ownership is laughing at us. They think they can not even attempt to put a winning product out there and still turn a profit, not even caring about the result on the field. Take your kids to other, minor league games or something.

I may take my boys to a game this summer, but I’ll make sure it’s when they play the Reds down here.  

No chance I’m going up there.  

• Like 1