Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

8 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

They might as well pack up and move if they do that. No one would buy a ticket for a very long time. 

Think that would depend a lot on how much they got in return.

Should have traded Kluber to jumpstart the reload.

31 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Think that would depend a lot on how much they got in return.

Should have traded Kluber to jumpstart the reload.

It doesn’t matter what they got back. Trading a top 5 player before he even hits his prime would be the last straw for most fans. They’d just be kicking the ball down the road another 5 years until they have to pay that prospect. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

They might as well pack up and move if they do that. No one would buy a ticket for a very long time. 

We literally cannot afford 30 million a year for one player. Unless you want Lindor and a bunch of ****. We don’t get the revenue to pay one player that much cash. 

Unfortunately we have to trade him and rebuild. The only way we can win in Cleveland is for our guys to be smarter than anybody else. 

Which is why you Gilbert haters should give him credit. He went above and beyond and contributed heavily for our one championship. Yeah one whole damned one. 

• Like 3

The loss to the Cubs a couple years ago stung the most because you knew this was a market with a limited window, and that was probably our best shot. It’s been a revolving cycle here. Home grown talent hits prime, gets fat contract elsewhere. 

As for Lindor, no need to consider anything there until it’s his contract year. Enjoy him while you have him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

The loss to the Cubs a couple years ago stung the most because you knew this was a market with a limited window, and that was probably our best shot. It’s been a revolving cycle here. Home grown talent hits prime, gets fat contract elsewhere. 

As for Lindor, no need to consider anything there until it’s his contract year. Enjoy him while you have him. 

It’s frustrating and probably the main reason I don’t pay near as much attention to baseball as I used to.

Albert Belle leaving crushed me.  I was 14 and he was my favorite athlete ever.  Then Manny.  Then Thome.  After a while it makes it difficult to get too invested in the team or its players tbh.

I realize the irony of saying this being a Browns fan, but it’s one thing be incompetent and not identify talent, it’s another to just let it walk out the door.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s frustrating and probably the main reason I don’t pay near as much attention to baseball as I used to.

Albert Belle leaving crushed me.  I was 14 and he was my favorite athlete ever.  Then Manny.  Then Thome.  After a while it makes it difficult to get too invested in the team or its players tbh.

I realize the irony of saying this being a Browns fan, but it’s one thing be incompetent and not identify talent, it’s another to just let it walk out the door.

It’s werid. In baseball we get so heavily invested into the players and the league itself does prolly the worst job out of all of the leagues when it comes to marketing the players. 

Which I understand can be hard at times because when it comes to hitting, you will see only that player swing the bat every 2-3 innings and when it Comes to fielding, you might see them make a play or two a game in the field unless they play SS or 2B

I can totally see the idea of how NBA could take over as the biggest sport in the future. It’s a player driven league that properly markets its players and when you watch a game you see you favorite player for a majority of the game on offense or on defense. Baseball you have to wait between innings and at bats and NFL you have to wait for offense and defense and touches of the ball

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Idk looking back at it now I thought for sure we would have made it back to the WS by now because that team was so unhealthy that year and got so lucky to get the WS at the time. 

The dolans totally F’d it up. With how bad the division is, he could have built a dominate baseball team if he wanted too. The Indians could have just wrecked the division instead of just sleeping through it. You get the Indians just destroying the division your gonna get more prime time games, create some new fans, and make the fans want to come out and watch the Indians destroy a bad tigers team 9-1 8-2 7-0 because of the talent they brought in. Heck it takes less stews off the bullpen that they don’t get over worked in the regular season. Nope the sit in their hands. The sleep through the division, Tito has to use the bullpen more and it wrecks them for the playoffs and we get bounced in the first rd. They could have been huge spends for 3-4 years and that prolly would have bought the fans happy when it came to the next rebuild. We literally sat through this rebuilt to only witness one year of spending. We are witnessing the best SS in franchise history and one of the best 2B/3B in franchise history to go along with one of the best pitching staffs in franchise history and the owners are going to freaking waste it cause they don’t want to spend. 

I said in the early part in the offseason I’ll take the wait and see approach and I won’t harp about the spending because I want to see what they will do. Now we are on the verge of the first spring training game and they didn’t do squat but let major league talent walk out and only brought in minor league talent in. Such complete garbage. 

Dolan literally could have bought a WS title. He said F it