Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, with the size of the contracts being handed out right now, there is zero chance of the Cleveland Indians being able to re-sign Francisco Lindor in a few years. At this point, we may as well get the most out of him and enjoy it until his contract year. Then try to get a slew of prospects for him instead of just letting him hit the market. The small market baseball repeating cycle is frustrating. But it does look like we have some decent minor-league infielders in the system. If for some reason we are not in contention down the stretch this season, I can definitely see them saying if there is a market for Trevor Bauer and/or Cory Kluber.

Edited by NateDawg

16 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Wonder how soon it will be before we are saying we miss Erick Gonzalez

I already do

it’s uncanny how criminally we underuse guys and then they go become studs elsewhere (Aguilar for starters) 

just wait for Diaz and Gonazalez this season

28 minutes ago, zelbell said:

Also I’m officially down with the Dolans after this:

Sorry for linking to The Athletic but this is such a losers mentality

Is there a pair of worse owners in professional sports than the Dolans? The Knicks are a dumpster fire.

We like to crap on Haslam, but at least this team will be competing after his 6th year as a owner.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Is there a pair of worse owners in professional sports than the Dolans? The Knicks are a dumpster fire.

We like to crap on Haslam, but at least this team will be competing after his 6th year as a owner.

Seriously this dude has one of the worse resumes as an owner cause his cheapness let so many great players leave

manny walk 

thome walk

Loften walk

traded Victor

traded CC

traded Lee

will let Lindor walk

will let JRam walk

will let Bauer walk 

just freaking sell the team and go retire and live in Geauga County...

he could have bought a championship over the past 3 years if he was willing to sign a FA or willing to take on a big contract through a trade

just trade Lindor now. Better to rip the bandaid off than to slowly pull. At least get a war chest in return. Maybe it will allow for another WS window 5-6 years from now that won’t grt properly funded and the Indians fail to ever do something.

just don’t want to hear anything about the attendance in a few years with Lindor gone and the White Sox’s being the class of the division because they will properly rebuild and then spend money to field a legit contender instead of being pretenders like the Indians. 

• Like 1

And this is another reason I'm not that excited about this season. We have a window to compete while we have our guys under contract and have a great rotation, yet what moves did we make this offseason to get better? I don't think we got any worse this offseason, but we didn't make any moves that make me feel confident that we can compete with Boston, New York and Houston.