Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

3 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Sometimes you just have to tip your cap to your opponent. Junis threw a hell of a game against us last night. Of all the "cellar dweller" teams we are in the midst of playing, the Royals have given us the most fits. They play hard fundamental baseball. The Indians cannot sleep on them. They play the game the right way.

Fortunately last night, the A's did us a favor and clipped the Twins. Divisional lead remains at 3 games. Tribe and Oakland now tied for AL WC top spots - Tampa Bay and Boston next in line at 2 and 3 games back respectively.

Time to put last night in the rear view mirror and go get them today to finish out the home stand.

Plutko threw a great game as well.  Kluber is back throwing in the pen, and may not be far off.  Plesac has been a pleasant surprise.  Civale was just reactivated from the IL in Columbus.  Might give Chernoff and Antonetti enough positive vibes to do what the Rays did last year with Chris Archer, and reload during the season.  It has worked out OK for them.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Looks like Danny Salazar had another solid rehab outing.  Might be getting close.  What a huge bonus if he can get back to his previous abilities.

I read somewhere that he is better suited as a starter but a functional Salazar and Carrasco, both for no more than 2-3 innings, could look real nice in the bullpen. 

37 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Looks like Danny Salazar had another solid rehab outing.  Might be getting close.  What a huge bonus if he can get back to his previous abilities.

Issue has never been about his abilities. To me it’s been his mentality and his own psyche

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mchjstnk said:

Clint Frazier and Miguel Andujar for Trevor bauer and it should be a done deal. 

Except for one minor detail. Miguel Andujar elected for surgery in May to repair his torn labrum and is out for all of 2019. That is why Gio Urshela got the opportunity in the Bronx. I don't want - I NEED someone in return that will help in 2019.

As the TV show says "NO DEAL!"

1 hour ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Don’t get sucked into believing he’ll ever play again. He’s just going to re injure himself. 

1 hour ago, brooks1957 said:

Except for one minor detail. Miguel Andujar elected for surgery in May to repair his torn labrum and is out for all of 2019. That is why Gio Urshela got the opportunity in the Bronx. I don't want - I NEED someone in return that will help in 2019.

As the TV show says "NO DEAL!"

I know that but He is the piece for the future. Clint Frazier is for the now. He was playing well before being sent down. Put Frazier in left or right. He is the piece to help us now. Andujar would be at 3b next year and allows Jose Ramirez to go to 2b when Kipnis is no longer here (thank god) 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Don’t get sucked into believing he’ll ever play again. He’s just going to re injure himself. 

That's cold...even for you.

I do not believe he will amount to a hill of beans, either.

My bigger concerns are that we bet $5mm on him during a cost-cutting spree and that the FO's belief that he will contribute meaningfully will stop them from making a move that could improve the team.

1 hour ago, mchjstnk said:

I know that but He is the piece for the future. Clint Frazier is for the now. He was playing well before being sent down. Put Frazier in left or right. He is the piece to help us now. Andujar would be at 3b next year and allows Jose Ramirez to go to 2b when Kipnis is no longer here (thank god) 

You and I will have to agree to disagree. I feel that if you make this trade - Clint Frazier is not enough by himself for this year. Plus he hasn't seen ML pitching in over a month. And thirdly, just when you have stuck with Jake Bauers all year, and he is now producing - you want to remove him from the lineup?

Kipnis is proving to be the veteran leader that every playoff contender needs on their roster. You canno deny he has hit well the last 2 months of the season.

Hard pass on this deal - there will be better ones out there.

On 7/21/2019 at 7:59 PM, buno67 said:

Issue has never been about his abilities. To me it’s been his mentality and his own psyche

Well, he has had a year and a half to schedule several meetings with Dr. Phil.  I'm hoping that he is able to come back and be what he is capable of being.