Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

Great move if the rotation can get one of our guys back as a top 3 contributor.  Some much needed pop in the lineup.  Hopefully this is the end of Kipnis in the 4-hole.  Plug Yasiel into the cleanup spot and Reyes after Ramirez in the 6-spot. 

10 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Great move if the rotation can get one of our guys back as a top 3 contributor.  Some much needed pop in the lineup.  Hopefully this is the end of Kipnis in the 4-hole.  Plug Yasiel into the cleanup spot and Reyes after Ramirez in the 6-spot. 

The middle of the lineup with Jose/Santana/Puig/Reyes just got a helluva lotta pop

Edited by AkronsWitness

Perfect trade. Loved Bauer, but we needed him to secure the now and the future. Dolan’s are cheap? Yeah they are but this front office is pretty danged good. They develop pitching incredibly well. Their drafting lately is top notch. Complain all you want about the cheap *** Dolan’s, but these guys are doing what they can with their restrictive constraints they’re under. 

Oh and btw with a new tv contract looming don’t be surprised if we sign Lindor to a long term contract. 

Tyler Freeman not withstanding...

Edited by Bonanza23
Get me to 2000

8 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Im not sure it will matter unless the Indians are willing to come off a 10yr 250m contract in the next 2 years. I dont see Lindor taking any hometown discounts even though I hope Im wrong. Plus Puig wont be on this team next year so its huge that Reyes continues to be a stud

Nothing to do about a contract. Just a couple weeks ago. Frankie was talking about the team and he specifically mentioned how this team truly needs a right handed bat to help even out the lefties on the team. Frankie asked for it and he got it. 

I don’t know if it’s completely a guarantee that Puig won’t be on the team next year. Maybe with the money they save from Kip and if Puig performs that they try and keep him for another year or two

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Nothing to do about a contract. Just a couple weeks ago. Frankie was talking about the team and he specifically mentioned how this team truly needs a right handed bat to help even out the lefties on the team. Frankie asked for it and he got it. 

I don’t know if it’s completely a guarantee that Puig won’t be on the team next year. Maybe with the money they save from Kip and if Puig performs that they try and keep him for another year or two

Buno - I am going to back your point up about the weight that Frankie carries on this team.

Remember earlier in the season when Frankie and Leonys Martin had the dugout dustup? Supposedly, after seeing Martin dogging it out on the field - Frankie was pointing directly at him and shouting "DFA! DFA!"

Two days later, Martin was DFA'ed. And the Indians' season took off. If that is true - hoping for the same results now.

9 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Thank God Roberto Perez is having a career year too. The offense is a complete 180 from earlier in the year.

Agreed. But it wouldn't hurt either to play Plawecki a bit more. He has been productive in his own right. And Roberto could use a day or two off.

1 hour ago, brooks1957 said:

I have been the biggest basher of the Dolans and front office for being cheap...........

Time for me to eat some humble pie. Gotta give it to Chernoff and Antonetti. They knocked it out of the park on this one.

Dolans are still cheap tho. 

this trade actually saves them money lol

FO isn’t cheap, they do what they do with what the Dolans give them. Hopefully they allow them to take on another contrAct for the rest of the season. 

I would love to see what the twins thinks after that trade. 

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

Now that this trade is completed, are we done?  

Does Reyes become the DH of the future, allowing us to maybe move someone like Bobby Bradley and some other pieces for another piece that we may need?  Another solid controllable reliever, or if we want to push chips in this year do something crazy like ****** MadBum from under the Yanks, Astros, Twins?  

Not advocating it, but I've got this feeling that the front office isn't done quite yet.