DH Reyes

2B Kipnis

C Perez

LF Naquin/Luplow (platoon)

Bench Naquin/Luplow

Bench Plawecki

Bench Freeman

Bench Allen

Get Bauers some ABs at Cbus. Use Allen for speed and defense. I still wish we would've replaced Kipnis somehow.

1 hour ago, FEARtheELF said:

Anyone catch the picture of Bauer in the stands today? I think he is really going to miss Cleveland 

I think Cleveland is really going to miss too. Hopefully this leads to a looooong Clevenger multi year extension because he is in arbitration after this year and Biebers contract is up. Soooo yeah...

Edited by AkronsWitness

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I think Cleveland is really going to miss too. Hopefully this leads to a looooong Clevenger multi year extension because he is in arbitration after this year and Biebers contract is up. Soooo yeah...

I’m pretty sure they have several more years of control on Bieber.

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

I’m pretty sure they have several more years of control on Bieber.

Just tried looking it up and I found nothing talking about Bieber and years of control. Seems like he needs to be extended this offseason. I believe he will get a Kluber type deal. Over pay him early but create value in it as he continues to grow and develop 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Just tried looking it up and I found nothing talking about Bieber and years of control. Seems like he needs to be extended this offseason. I believe he will get a Kluber type deal. Over pay him early but create value in it as he continues to grow and develop 

Bieber made his debut last year so he should have 4-5 years of control left

9 hours ago, FEARtheELF said:

Anyone catch the picture of Bauer in the stands today? I think he is really going to miss Cleveland 

Bingo! Yes he was a hothead and a loose cannon, and he did rub people the wrong way sometimes - but that was Trevor being Trevor. You cannot get around the fact that he was ultra-talented and deep down he had a competitive fire, scratch that, inferno that burned within him. The Jake is a special place, and he never wanted to leave.

All that being said and facing what we were facing in 2020 - that still was the right decision to trade him all day every day. And the haul we received in return validates that.

Bottom line - if Trevor really wanted to stay and end his career here, he should not have been so adamant about his desire to bolt at his first opportunity.