Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

52 minutes ago, buno67 said:

What sucks is the twins look like they are about to win 11-12 of their next 13 games. I feel like we will be back like 5 games by the first week of sept

Out of the Twins 10 series, 8 are against Detroit, KC, or the White Sox. Only 1 playoff contender in the Nationals. We have 10 left, 5 against Detroit, KC, or the White Sox. 4 against playoff contenders. I just don't see how we can catch them. They are playing 80% of their remaining schedule against teams just trying to get tot he end of the year. Unfortunate but, the A's and Rays have no cake walk, and we have a series against the Rays. To be honest, I think I would rather play the Yankees than the Astros and their 1,2,3 right now anyway. But a 1 and done play in game is never somewhere to want to be...

1 hour ago, FEARtheELF said:

Out of the Twins 10 series, 8 are against Detroit, KC, or the White Sox. Only 1 playoff contender in the Nationals. We have 10 left, 5 against Detroit, KC, or the White Sox. 4 against playoff contenders. I just don't see how we can catch them. They are playing 80% of their remaining schedule against teams just trying to get tot he end of the year. Unfortunate but, the A's and Rays have no cake walk, and we have a series against the Rays. To be honest, I think I would rather play the Yankees than the Astros and their 1,2,3 right now anyway. But a 1 and done play in game is never somewhere to want to be...

Yeah the twins next 13 games is vs DET and CHW. I’d be more shock if the twins won less than 10 games than if they went 13 straight. 

Yeah the twins have one hell of an easy schedule to finish out the year. While the Indians have a pretty hard one. They have a west coast series and a two inter league series too left. Stupid!

indians just gotta keep it close and hope for sweeps when they match up

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Yeah the twins next 13 games is vs DET and CHW. I’d be more shock if the twins won less than 10 games than if they went 13 straight. 

Yeah the twins have one hell of an easy schedule to finish out the year. While the Indians have a pretty hard one. They have a west coast series and a two inter league series too left. Stupid!

indians just gotta keep it close and hope for sweeps when they match up

Really, the Indians can play .700 ball the rest of the year and I don't know if we would win the division. The Twins have that cupcake of a schedule.

But, ultimately, we still control our own destiny to get into the playoffs. Keep playing the way we have been playing and worry about the playoff situation when we get there. Right now, there are  7 what I would consider very good teams in the AL. 5 get in. Let's just be one of those 5.

Can't cry over spilled milk. We played those same teams earlier in the season, and, simply did not fare as well as the Twins might. Oh well.

But, as I have said before - let's play the games out and see what happens. Twins are in a different position now than they have been in many years. A key injury can happen down the stretch. (Cookie took a liner off the wrist a few years ago in MN).

So let's play them out and see what happens.

• Like 1

If this doesn't elevate your spirits - check yourself for a pulse, and don't be surprised if there ain't one.

Cookie Carrasco pitches the 6th inning for the Rubber Ducks tonight. 16 pitches - 9 strikes - and NO RUNS..........

And I am kicking the genius' butt who decided now was a good time to start cutting onions...........

Cookie pitches again THURSDAY night for the Rubber Ducks at home vs. the Richmond Flying Squirrels (SF Giants AA affiliate)

I am telling you - based on what Tito said the other day about Cookie's importance to this team - if Cookie makes it back to the big club this season; the Twins should be very, very worried about the emotional tsunami about to hit them in the standings.

Edited by brooks1957

15 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

If this doesn't elevate your spirits - check yourself for a pulse, and don't be surprised if there ain't one.

Cookie Carrasco pitches the 6th inning for the Rubber Ducks tonight. 16 pitches - 9 strikes - and NO RUNS..........

And I am kicking the genius' butt who decided now was a good time to start cutting onions...........

Cookie pitches again THURSDAY night for the Rubber Ducks at home vs. the Richmond Flying Squirrels (SF Giants AA affiliate)

I am telling you - based on what Tito said the other day about Cookie's importance to this team - if Cookie makes it back to the big club this season; the Twins should be very, very worried about the emotional tsunami about to hit them in the standings.

dude unless the Twins majorly drop the ball, we aint catching them. Their schedule is way too easy the rest of the year 

10 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

I love ya, Buno - but we have to agree to disagree on this one. Emotion unchecked is a powerful powerful force. And you may end up ultimately being right. I just want to enjoy the ride.

I understand but the Twins have a crazy easy schedule. They have the Indians for 2 series and a home series with Washington. The rest is divisional teams. 

We have a series with a Hot Mets team on the road, series with wildcard team Tampa on the road, We then have to face the twins in Minny, then fly to LA for a series, and come back to face Minny again. Then two interleague series as part of the last 3 series, with the Indians ending the season in Washington, where we will have to bat our pitchers, in 3 games that will drastically matter. god forbid Bieber or something does get hit by a pitch having to take swings

If the Indians and Twins had a similar schedule, I would def say Cookie is the wildcard but cookie might make us even with the twins dont the stretch and they hold a 2 game lead already

You are absolutely right with everything you have said. Our position in the standings is what it is - we put ourselves there. I saw a recent list of SOS for the remaining playoff contenders. We have the 3rd or fourth most difficult schedule, and the Twins have the easiest. We definitely have the uphill climb.

The key to the remainder of the season (duh) is the two remaining head to head series with the Twins.

Buckle up - it may be a bumpy ride. Haven't lost the faith yet!