Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

31 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Why does Brad Hand suck now. 

3 consecutive blown saves.

Hand's last five outings:
5 IP, 13 H, 7 ER, 5 BB (12.60 ERA, 1.242 opponent OPS)

Since June 25 (18 games): 16.2 IP, 8.33 ERA, .367 Opp. BA, 2.16 WHIP, 7 Saves, 5 Blown Saves

https://twitter.com/ZackMeisel/status/1164370682194669568

Edited by candyman93

I cannot for the life of me see why Tito keeps trotting Brad "Rosie Palm" Hand out for save situations. If consistency is what he is looking for, he got it. As Candy said, not one, not two, but THREE CONSECUTIVE blown saves.

Earth to Tito...... You are in a pennant race, already behind the eight ball - and your boy, who you hope by some miracle, just straightens himself out - is handing the division over to the Twins.......

You CANNOT just keep doing the same thing - someone else needs to be in the closer role. Hand has taken a Cody Allen-esque tumble. Time to face the obvious facts.

I will be honest - I did not watch the bottom of the 10th. I purposely turned off the game and went to bed when I saw a ONE RUN lead and BRAD HAND entering the game. Consistency, ahh yes - I knew he was going to blow the save yet again.

And then this morning I see the ugly details. FIRST BATTER - boom! double. But even with that - Tribe had an opportunity to close out the Mets.....

And NumbNuts doesn't cover first! Something you practice 1000x a day from spring training on.

Hand needs to go - and yesterday. F Bomb him. Cut him - call up a middle reliever from Rookie ball - get that anchor out of here!

https://www.foxsports.com/ohio/story/cleveland-indians-boot-potential-game-ending-double-play-new-york-mets-capitalize-in-extras-to-win-4-3-082119

13 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

You CANNOT just keep doing the same thing - someone else needs to be in the closer role. Hand has taken a Cody Allen-esque tumble. Time to face the obvious facts.

Francola's latest take is that you have to get behind Hand, stick with him and show patience.

Not exactly inspiring leadership.

7 hours ago, buno67 said:

true but the Mets are prolly the hottest team in baseball right now. I was hoping to get at least one win out of that series

I think this should say a lot about our confidence level against playoff caliber teams though. Right now it should not be good. Can’t hit #1 pitching and definitely don’t have a stopper coming out of the pen. 

10 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I think this should say a lot about our confidence level against playoff caliber teams though. Right now it should not be good. Can’t hit #1 pitching and definitely don’t have a stopper coming out of the pen. 

true but they also just went 2-2 in the Bronx against one of the best AL teams and just went 3-1 vs the Twins before that.

The Mets are just a very hot team. At the start of the 2nd half of the season they were 41-50, they are now 67-60, so 26-10 since the break.18-5 in their last 23games.