Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

No mo Jose! Can the Indians ever make it through a season with out an impactful injury happening to the team...

Doesn't really matter.

This team doesn't have enough clutch players to go anywhere.

25th with runners in scoring position at .247, compared to the likes of HOU #14 at .265, MN #2 at .287 and NYY #1 at .300.

Just now, bruceb said:

Doesn't really matter.

25th with runners in scoring position at .247, compared to the likes of HOU #14 at .265, MN #2 at .287 and NYY #1 at .300.

a lot of that stuff I didnt care about because it was all about getting into the playoffs cause then anything could happen. I think this hurts enough that we wont make it in the WC.

21 minutes ago, buno67 said:

a lot of that stuff I didnt care about

Clutch is what wins or loses games, especially in the playoffs.

And especially if you don't have the talent to match up with your opponent(s).

With so decidedly inferior talent and clutch, this team isn't going to do anything great.

But at least they carried us to the football season.:)

4 hours ago, bruceb said:

Doesn't really matter.

also can you find what their avg is with RISP since the Break? 

before the break they had the 10th best offense in the AL and had the 11th best avg. 

Since the break tho, they have had the 5th best offense in the AL have the 5th best avg. 

7 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Naq with a torn ACL

the devastating injury bug bites us again....

but it not like I saw what happened, thanks to Dish and fox sports being gigantic dbags 

Love me some Playstation Vue.  Really enjoying it, almost 6 months in.  (I added ESPN+ today, in hopes of catching a fleeting moment of my daughter marching in her school's band.  My wife is there, so she'll send pictures.)

Edited by Bucketheadsdad

It’s a decent team but definitely not a team that will do any postseason damage. Fully healthy they might have been a little more interesting but they definitely do not have the juice to beat a team like Houston or advance past at most one series into the playoffs. At this point they will be fortunate just to hang on and make it into October.