Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

34 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Starting to hear sports commentary questioning whether Kipnis should be put back in the lineup. I do not think adding him is a plus.

I dont think so. Make him a bench guy for the rest of the season really. It all depends how healthy he comes back and if he can get his swing going. He was starting to warm up a bit there before he got hurt again. He would be a nice bat to have off the bench for the Indians.

51 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I dont think so. Make him a bench guy for the rest of the season really. It all depends how healthy he comes back and if he can get his swing going. He was starting to warm up a bit there before he got hurt again. He would be a nice bat to have off the bench for the Indians.

I tend to agree. But if he comes back and actually hits the ball I think it would be difficult to not start him. Don't think the infield is as good as Ramirez, Lindor, Urshela, but it's not much worse. Just wish Gio would start hitting a little better. 

7 hours ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

I tend to agree. But if he comes back and actually hits the ball I think it would be difficult to not start him. Don't think the infield is as good as Ramirez, Lindor, Urshela, but it's not much worse. Just wish Gio would start hitting a little better. 

With how the pitching has been. I want the best defense behind them. 

But really like you said, if Kip is able to find his swing you have to keep him in the line up.

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Danny is getting moved to the BP for the rest of the year. So it will be Klubot, Cookie, and Bauer.

I think with the way Clevinger has been pitching, he has earned to be the #4.

It seems like Salz should considered maybe a full time move to the bullpen. He has great stuff that could make him one hell of a relief pitcher.

Potentially losing Shaw this offseason, the Indians will need another solid bullpen arm.  

They have a lot of outfielders come playoff time, if their guys are healthy. Brantley, Bruce, Lonnie, Jackson, Zimmer. Guys like Naquin/Almonte won't really be in the starting mix. I am interested to see how those first five are worked out though. You have to like the fluidity of the lineup lately and don't want to screw things up too much. 

If it's me, if healthy, my OF's are generally going to be Bruce, Jackson, Brantley in the playoffs. Chisenhall would be my next guy, and depending on matchup, could work in with any three of those guys. Between those four guys, with three spots to work with, they'd all be out there a lot. With Bruce's pop, that's just a hard bat to take out of the lineup. If Brantley is healthy and shows it before playoffs, play him. But, add him to somewhere back half if the lineup as another table setter. Don't mess with a good thing. Use Zimmer as a late inning replacement. 

Kipnis needs to get back and produce this season if he wants to be in the October lineup. He just hasn't been healthy. Being in and out all year, he's not been productive when he has been in the lineup, for the most part.

It would be nice to at least have our top 4 outfielders healthy. For me, that is Bruce, Brantley, Jackson, and Chisenhall. Brantley and Kip are question marks as to what we're getting in October. If we keep our currently healthy guys still healthy, we'll be alright. The big thing right now is getting Miller back full-go and not losing any other key guys. I'm not happy to lose someone, but if we're going to do it, Zimmer is on the expendable side of things.