Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

Unfortunately ALL the sports owners and players have made tremendous financial gains off the average joe.  The pandemic has shown some folks that they can live without sports, and some are going crazy without the entertainment.  I would love to see a world where these entitled  owners and athletes get far less compensation for playing a game they love.  Are you really doing it because you love the game????  It would take the average joe's to stop buying the tickets, (you can't anyways now) stop buying the merch, and stop supporting a bunch of greedy people that are making a living off of you and I. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Unfortunately ALL the sports owners and players have made tremendous financial gains off the average joe.  The pandemic has shown some folks that they can live without sports, and some are going crazy without the entertainment.  I would love to see a world where these entitled  owners and athletes get far less compensation for playing a game they love.  Are you really doing it because you love the game????  It would take the average joe's to stop buying the tickets, (you can't anyways now) stop buying the merch, and stop supporting a bunch of greedy people that are making a living off of you and I. 

Based on the reactions from most sports, it’s clear that almost all of these guys do not actually do it for the love of the game at this point. They are far past that point. If they aren’t getting the bag they think they deserve, they sulk, throw a fit, and present themselves as victims to the other 99% of society.

5 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Based on the reactions from most sports, it’s clear that almost all of these guys do not actually do it for the love of the game at this point. They are far past that point. If they aren’t getting the bag they think they deserve, they sulk, throw a fit, and present themselves as victims to the other 99% of society.

It would be great to see someone organize a national "walkout" day, or "turn off your television" day to show disdain for the greed that they are displaying.  Not saying that Kyrie is being disingenuous, but if the players want to shut down a season because of systemic racism, they better hope it doesn't backfire.  Once you lose a season, you lose fans, you lose money.  Ask baseball how those strikes worked out for them initially.  Kyrie doesn't care because he made his money, but what about those that will be playing in the near future?

• Like 1

Man, this sure looks like a good spot to plug that damned Australian Rules Football I'm always talking about.  9_9

Haven't really followed what Kyrie has been saying, but I've pretty much resigned myself that we're probably not going to see anything resembling meaningful baseball this year.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Unfortunately we won’t be the only team it helps. Less games will help every team with great pictures. 

Yeah but not every team has a great starting and Bullpen as well. Our bullpen was lights out last year but got over used and tired. 1st half Hand was prolly the best closer in the AL, 2nd half Hand had no juice

54 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

And Jose who usually dies by late July 

Career split says His best month in his career is the month of July. His 2nd best month is August...worst is April and May

Edited by buno67

Just looking at starters:

Bieber

Clevinger

Carrasco

Plesac

Plutko

1-3 rested and healthy only pitching a 60 game season will win us a LOT of games. There’s no reason to ride Brad Hand so heavy. I’d consider moving him to closer and get more juice out of the starters for this season.

30 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Career split says His best month in his career is the month of July. His 2nd best month is August...worst is April and May

I knew it was one or the other. So he starts slow. Hopefully it won’t take him over 60 games to get right this year.