Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

10 hours ago, bruceb said:

Francola sure does know how to burn out pitchers, especially relievers.

No thanks.

Ah yeah screw him for losing his pitching depth that last few seasons and had to use the bullpen more often than not. What a god awful manager...

10 hours ago, candyman93 said:

They may not play AT ALL. That’s worse than what you’re suggesting.

I thought they were getting some kind of a minor league year together as well? If what you are saying. Then the league should should expand the rosters to let the top minor guys to be carried and used.

6 hours ago, buno67 said:

I thought they were getting some kind of a minor league year together as well? If what you are saying. Then the league should should expand the rosters to let the top minor guys to be carried and used.

If they’re getting a minor league together, then why cancel the minor league seasons?

The MLB doesn’t want to be held responsible in managing so many players.

10 hours ago, buno67 said:

Ah yeah screw him for losing his pitching depth that last few seasons and had to use the bullpen more often than not. What a god awful manager...

I detect a hint of sarcasm in your post.

Regardless, running  your horses into the ground does not exactly make you ready for battle, which is what the playoffs are.

Francola runs pitchers into the ground, which is why we get smoked when we do make the playoffs.

But, boy, all those regular season wins sure are gratifying, right?

27 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Regardless, running  your horses into the ground does not exactly make you ready for battle, which is what the playoffs are.

Francola runs pitchers into the ground, which is why we get smoked when we do make the playoffs.

I mean, I feel like there’s proof somewhere that he can win a championship.

21 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, I feel like there’s proof somewhere that he can win a championship.

Sure, with an owner willing to pay for the necessary talent.

But without the necessary talent it's futile to push players too hard for regular season wins only to fall short of the playoffs or get smoked when you do get in.

What's the point?

3 hours ago, bruceb said:

2016? he ran his pitchers in the ground? Cookie broke his hand with just a few weeks left into the season. Bauer, slices his finger with a stupid drone. what should he have done? Hell the way he used his pitchers is why we were in a WSgame 7

2017? he ran his pitchers in the ground? Take away Klubers hurt '19 season, the '17 season was the least amount of innings he has pitched in a season since '13. Thats because he missed the month of may but he was healthy for the playoffs. He dominated the last 2months of the season. The biggest issue that postseason wasnt anyone getting ran into the ground, it was Miller having knee issues, '17, Lindor and JRam went 4/38 in the yankees series. Literally that series, the Indians 3 worst offensive players were Brantley, Lindor, and JRam. Oh yeah and the rumors that the Yankees were cheating.

'18, 3 hitters hit .200 or better. Lindor showed up this postseason and hit .350+, Gomes hit .250, and Brantley hit .200 and rest barely hit .100. Hell Donaldson, the supposed difference-maker hit .091. So the Indians were supposed to outpitch the better pitching staff. To do that, you have to actually be able to hit and put pressure on the opposingpitcher, Indians sure as hell couldnt do that. 

Hell lets look at '16. Game 5 the Indians were 1-10 RISP .game 6 stuck with Tomlin pitching because of injuries, and game 7 the damn rain delay but we had Carlos/Kip/Lindor in the bottom of the 9th, 3 of our best hitters and neither of them can do anything. That was killer when the team had all momentum.

The failures in the playoffs doesnt look like pitcher fatigured at all IMO. Looks like a lack of offensive production when you needed. 

48 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I think you're right, and I don't think I mind it too much.  

Blues?

Naps?

Rockers? 

I was wrong, their very first nickname was the Forest City’s / Blues in 1887. Spiders nickname was 2 years later.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1