Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

2 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Howdy,

I'm Yan Gomes.  I hit two balls out today, and drove in 4 runs.  

tenor.gif

just-saying.gif

Him and Perez have been playing great lately. Both have been great this month. If those two can carry this kind of play into the postseason, it would be huge for the team

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

In my mind, today locks up the Cy Young for Klubot.

I think so, Sale has had a great season, a pretty dominating season actually but the performance Kluber has put on this post- all season, stretch, is pure greatness!

I think if Kluber as a better early season, all the adv stats would be drooling over Kluber. IMO the playoff run last year hurt him early on in the season and him missing pretty much the month of April might of been a god send for him and the team because it gave him extra rest. 

Not sure what to think of Tito announcing Clevinger would work out of the bullpen in postseason. He's been fantastic in the rotation, certainly better than Tomlin. Seems it'll be Kluber, Carlos, Bauer, Tomlin.

I'm not one to question Tito. He knows way more than I do and has his reasons. Maybe Bauer/Tomlin will be on a short leash and Clevinger will be a 3rd inning type of insert if things go south, essentially serving as another starter. I had previously thought maybe that'd be Salazar's role.

On 9/24/2017 at 9:30 PM, buno67 said:

I think so, Sale has had a great season, a pretty dominating season actually but the performance Kluber has put on this post- all season, stretch, is pure greatness!

I think if Kluber as a better early season, all the adv stats would be drooling over Kluber. IMO the playoff run last year hurt him early on in the season and him missing pretty much the month of April might of been a god send for him and the team because it gave him extra rest. 

Believe that the only stat Sale is ahead in is SOs.

Big deal.

9 hours ago, bruceb said:

Believe that the only stat Sale is ahead in is SOs.

Big deal.

He also leads in fWar too. If Klubot plays all season at this level he prolly would be better in that stat range too. Some adv stats fav klubot and others fav Sale. I think with what the Indians and Klubot have done these past two months, all but locks it up for him. 

Hell man if he does win, it greatly increases his hall of fame resume. 

17 hours ago, candyman93 said:

What's the magic number to clinch the American League? If it feels like we won't catch the dodgers, shut it down and rest guys. I'm looking at mainly Klub and Cookie.

We need 4 more wins or Astro losses to clinch the AL. We need to over take the Dodgers. They hold a 1 1/2 game lead. Might not seem like a lot but I want that extra game in Cleveland if we make it the whole way. Our time to strike will be the last 3 games. Colorado is trying to hold on to the last wild card spot in the NL and will fight tooth and nail for it. We have the twins coming up and then the white sox. Astros have the red sox. So we have the two teams that need to lose playing against teams that need to win badly to stay in the playoff hunt. I think our chances of catching up to the dodgers is pretty good. 

that is all

Mastercheddaar