Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

11 hours ago, buno67 said:

I’ve read that it’s low ankle sprain, so hopefully he won’t be out too long. Good thing he is just a DH. They just need to stabilize it for as long as possible and give him all the treatment in the world, and hopefully he will be good for the Alcs and even better for the WS. Good thing it happens at home and not on the roads

Win tomorrow, and he can have a few days off.  (Go Boston!)

1 hour ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Win tomorrow, and he can have a few days off.  (Go Boston!)

win or lose tomorrow, he will have a couple days off. I believe this Indians team is deep enough to survive his injury for now. Shut him down until the ALCS

• Like 1

On 10/6/2017 at 11:25 PM, H2ThaIzzo said:

i get some of their gripe, but IMO, even if Girardi challenged the HBP to Lonnie, I don't think the video evidence was enough to prove that it didn't hit him

Fair point but regardless of whether or not it was enough to prove it was or was not.... you're up by 5 why not take the challenge?!?!?  I certainly was very very very very worried that they were going to.  Football analogy: if we could, I woulda told the next person up to snap the ball 

Houston is going to be brutal with Springer, Altuve, and Correa. Those 3 will be the toughest hitters we deal with this post season. 

Good news is that the Yankees pitchers are tougher than Houston’s. We won’t face another bullpen as strong as New York’s. Heck, we own Verlander so could argue the Yanks have better pitching period than Houston.

Edited by candyman93

Friday night we had a HS game that I was coaching in, but a bunch of my fellow coaches would periodically come up to me between the quarters/half and during other timeouts and ask me for updates, which made me feel less guilty for looking LOL.

40 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Friday night we had a HS game that I was coaching in, but a bunch of my fellow coaches would periodically come up to me between the quarters/half and during other timeouts and ask me for updates, which made me feel less guilty for looking LOL.

I'm the PA announcer at the HS where I teach, and I didn't report on the score of the Tribe game until our game ended.  

7 hours ago, MWil23 said:

that was one thing I loved about being up in the booth. I could check scores of other games lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Can’t even score a run. We only managed to reach 2nd twice the entire game. Offense has been rearing the ugly trends we saw earlier in the season.

I'm not sure how you're coming up with this. We scored 4 runs game one and 9 runs game two. We didn't bat very disciplined tonight for sure, chased way to many sliders out of the strike zone. Ramirez's last two at bats he was much more patient. I think he will heat up. Bauer starting also 

I'm intrigued to see how Bauer will do on short rest, but I'm more intrigued to see whether or not the game will even be played tonight with all of the rain in the forecast. Bauer and Kluber on full rest should give us a nice advantage, but we'll have to figure out how to get the bats going in innings 1-6, because innings 7-9 are a push between both teams with their lights out bullpens.

Ramirez needs to come alive. Aside from Bruce (and a GS by Lindor), we haven’t had one our big bats have their offensive explosions. Edwin is usually good for one of those per series. There goes that. Hoping Ramirez can drive the ball and help us bring in some runs befor Judge eventually finds a little life.

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I'm intrigued to see how Bauer will do on short rest, but I'm more intrigued to see whether or not the game will even be played tonight with all of the rain in the forecast. Bauer and Kluber on full rest should give us a nice advantage, but we'll have to figure out how to get the bats going in innings 1-6, because innings 7-9 are a push between both teams with their lights out bullpens.

This might be a let him pitch 4 -5 innings and see approach. Miller didn't pitch that much, shaw wasn't used and Allen is fresh. We also have Tomlin, Clev, and Sal at the ready too. We got the pitching to win this. Bats need to come alive and win this series tonight. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

We miss Edwin. Brantley looks lost and not ready up there. Ramirez, Bruce, Lindor collectively need to strike big. Bats not wanting to come alive.

Ive missed some pages in the MLB thread. Yanks fans still bellyaching about the strike zone on Aaron Judge and the rest of their Yanks hitters on every page? Asking for a friend.