Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

9 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Well guys, it's unfortunately pretty simple:

Our studs didn't step up on the biggest stage when we needed them to.

*Frankie had 1 hit (albeit a huge one).

*Jose Ramirez had the worst series of his life. From an MVP candidate, that can't happen.

*Our Cy Young winning Ace lost a closeout game at home after getting absolutely shelled Game 2.

*Edwin got hurt.

*Urshela directly led to 5 unearned runs by himself in Game 4. Unacceptable.

*Miller, arguably the best reliever in the game, gave up a game losing homerun in Game 3.

Our worst hitter (Perez) was clearly our best offensive player this series. Let that sink in.

It's sad that the Tribe is now 0-6 in their last 6 closeout games, 4 of which have come at HOME.

Call me when it's next April. This one really hurts. I'm sure that the Yankees and their spoiled fanbase will really appreciate that 27th WS Title if they bring it home this year. What a joke. And yes, I realize that I'm bitter and irrational right now, and no, I don't care.

yeah a lot of bad luck. Kluber was playing Hurt. If the Indians have a healthy EE they prolly win game3 and the series. JRam and Lindor basically made zero impact 

10 hours ago, brownie man said:

Tough loss man really tough 

but we're young

we gotta change the culture

The Yankees expected to come back and win

we were trying not to lose

We gotta have that mentality that theres nothing to lose and play more free 

I dont think the yankees expected to come back and win at all. Game 3 was crazy and was so close to going the Indians way. They just couldnt produce when it mattered most. Indians had JRam on 3rd with one out and they fail to get him home. Failed to score at other times and Lindor being robbed of a 2 run HR was huge. 

EE never gets hurt and the Indians prolly take that series. It screwed up the line up by having Brantley starting. Brantley should of never started, he was suppose to be a pinch hitter.

This off season is going to be very interesting. I would love for them to do whatever it takes to get Mike Moustakas while also keeping Santana. That would make for one hell of a two-way infield with everyone be pretty good bats and pretty good defender. Would severally be an all around upgrade at 3rd. 

In reality, I would love to see them finally address 3B through FA. To me JRam is the full time 2B. So I dont want to see 3B becoming a dead spot in the line up. I heard they are trying Mejia at 3B but who knows about that and if he translate to the MLB level.

I have also excepted the idea of moving on from Brantley and Kipnis. I think injuries have costed them spots in the field and their spots as leaders. 

2 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

If we lose Calloway as our pitching coach, I'd love to get Farrell into the role. He and Tito spent a lot of time together and flourished

Cleveland should have their pick of the litter when it comes to pitching coaches. A pitching coach would love to come to a staff like this. Farrell would be nice replacement if Mickey leaves for a manger position

• Like 1

Calloway is offically gone to the Mets!

I really want to see Farrell being brought in as the pitching coach to replace Mickey. It would be the perfect fit!

Tito and Farrell were teams on the Indians. Farrell played on the '95 team for the Indians. Has been the pitching coach before for Tito. Easy transition for both sides. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Couple thoughts moving forward.

1. I do think that the bullpen will settle in, but we absolutely need another quality arm to help take the pressure of Allen and Miller. Adding a 7th inning gut will go a long way by letting the other guys like Olson, Otero, Goody to move back into 1-2 out roles. This is of the highest priority to me. We can not continue to lose games late, that can crush the soul of a team.

2. The rotation is great again. Tomlin is the one guy that has about 2-3 starts imo to turn it around. Otherwise we may see a couple guys get a shot in Plutko, Beiber, and Salazar. Tomlin's short outings are also putting a toll on the pen. Once playoffs roll around a 4-headed monster seems most likely outside a Salazar resurrection but we have to keep those 4 guys as fresh and ready as we can. 

3. The offense needs help. There really is 4-5 guys carrying this team in Lindor, Jose, Brantlety, Gomes, and Naquin putting together good at bats. I would guess this move comes from a trade for an infielder either at 3B or 2B where ever we can get the better player. Melky can hopefully be a contributing member of the outfielder and is a welcome, high-contact, bat in the bottom of the order. Fingers crossed the can put together a campaign similar to 2016 and the first half of 2017. The combination of the two should go along way into taking the pressure of the top half. Guys like Edwin, Yonder, Frankie, are all swinging for the big hit it seems because there is a lack of confidence in stringing 3-4 hits in a row. Add in Melky and another quality bat and it allows guys to play for the small things again.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

It’s why we are starting to hear rumors about getting a 3B which would bump JRam back to 2B. 

Biggest names i have heard is Manny and Donaldson

Donladson would be more realistic since there is a CHANCE to keep him next year and wont cost as much in the prospect department.

As for Machado, I would be ready to offer Bradley, Willi Castro, Salazar, and a choice of pitching prospect not names Triston McKenzie or Shane Beiber. Donaldson may only take one of Bradley, Castro, as well as a pitching prospect too, if I had to guess. Could also work for  Moustakas too. Also, we should be calling and asking any team to take Kipnis for a bullpen arm, should we land one of these guys.