Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

On 6/14/2018 at 11:21 AM, Bucketheadsdad said:

Baltimore isn't going to want Kipnis when they've already got a very solid 2B (Schoop) playing for them.  I don't believe anyone is going to take Kipnis' contract off our hands unless the Tribe volunteers to eat most of the dollars.

Well Schoop played shortstop his entire minor league career and has played a couple games at SS. They like him at 2B because he brings offense to the position. I know at times in his career he has played SS and 3B to provide offense at those positions during injuries to others.  If they trade manny, that opens up SS position for Schoop. So maybe they move Schoop to SS and Kip at 2B, it gives them a potential combo they might like if they do explore that possibility. 

I do like it that Kipnis has really picked it up this month and has looked pretty good these past 2weeks

Edited by buno67

5 hours ago, buno67 said:

Well Schoop played shortstop his entire minor league career and has played a couple games at SS. They like him at 2B because he brings offense to the position. I know at times in his career he has played SS and 3B to provide offense at those positions during injuries to others.  If they trade manny, that opens up SS position for Schoop. So maybe they move Schoop to SS and Kip at 2B, it gives them a potential combo they might like if they do explore that possibility. 

I do like it that Kipnis has really picked it up this month and has looked pretty good these past 2weeks

True, but he is owed over $14 million next year, with a 2.5 million buyout for 2020.  That is a TON of money for a guy on the wrong side of 30 who has had 2 good years since 2013.  I don't see anyone wanting him, unless the Tribe eats a ton of his salary

2 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

True, but he is owed over $14 million next year, with a 2.5 million buyout for 2020.  That is a TON of money for a guy on the wrong side of 30 who has had 2 good years since 2013.  I don't see anyone wanting him, unless the Tribe eats a ton of his salary

Yeah no one wants Kipnis’s, terrible deal, terrible player.

15 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah no one wants Kipnis’s, terrible deal, terrible player.

I haven't completely given up on him, but you're probably right.  He bounced back a few years ago after a bad 2014.  He has at least shown that he can be a big-time player, although it's been a solid two years since he's played at a high level.

Like you said, we won't get squat for him if we trade him, so we may as well hold on to him to see if he can turn it around.  We can be patient since our division sucks.

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Our division straight up sucks. We really lucked out. The other 3 playoff teams have 50+ wins.

Maybe a little bit but we also have been so consistently good that the teams in our division have thrown in the towel for the last couple years. While it is paying off now, it is also our own doing. They did not think they had a chance and have been sellers.

We also have not played our best baseball and are still up there with the rest of the teams atop the league outside the big 3 of Houston, Boston, and New York. We have not been great this year but we actually have a better record at this point than we did last year... We have holes to fill but this team has a lot of good baseball ahead of it.

So, Francisco Mejia had an awful, awful April/first half of May and dropped off the radar for most folks because of it.

He is batting .409 in his last 30 games.

So help may be on the way from within, at least at catcher.

8 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

So, Francisco Mejia had an awful, awful April/first half of May and dropped off the radar for most folks because of it.

I doubt he sees much time behind the plate. Yan has done plenty to keep his job this year.

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Lindor is 4th in the A.L. voting for SS. I could see Machado, but the two other guys in front of him (Gregorius and Correa)? WHAT A JOKE.

All-Star voting has been a joke for a while now.  It's the price you pay for having digital voting options.

That's how you end up with things like Peyton Hillis on the cover of Madden.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

All-Star voting has been a joke for a while now.  It's the price you pay for having digital voting options.

That's how you end up with things like Peyton Hillis on the cover of Madden.

russian influence confirmed

• Like 2

Random thing I just did......As some of you know I've worked in the IT field since I been posting in here. One of my tasks is setting up Development and Testing labs for Software based solutions....I am working with this one Department in particular who always thinks their needs trumps everyone else's......Well the manager just requested that we add full names to some of our test users in one of our AD OU's....The names Added were to these test users...which managers and the client will see on their Demo/Test Reports are as follows:

Joe Thomas, Josh Gordon, Myles Garrett, Jarvis Landry, Jamie Collins, Baker Mayfield, Duke Johnson and Jabril Peppers.....

mel.gif?w=600

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Lindor is 4th in the A.L. voting for SS. I could see Machado, but the two other guys in front of him (Gregorius and Correa)? WHAT A JOKE.

If you go by war, Lindor is the 4th best player in the AL. 2nd best infielder. Jose is #2 in the AL and #1 infielder. 

It’s just fan voting for ya

On 6/28/2018 at 2:10 AM, freakygeniuskid said:

We will go nowhere with Roberto Perez as our #2 catcher and Kipnis at 2nd.

Two very weak links.