Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

Jones seems like the realistic target right now. Would not take more than a top 15-20 and another prospect to get him I would think.

My guess is he probably plays in Center BUT if he has the arm, right field would be ideal with his lack of range. I think he would slide into the 6 spot behind Yonder. Gives us a little righty, lefty protection between Yonder and Kip.

43 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Wowsers

Jones is making 17 mil?

Baltimore would have to eat a lot of it. Jones also has said that he is going to do what Chapman did. Get traded somewhere then go back and sign with Baltimore. So his value is dinged a little bit there

Im not really encouraged about what the market looks like right now. There is not an outfield bat that I think is a huge-no doubt impact player that we need.

Also, the bullpen market seems very expensive. There has been no movement. Everyone is setting a premium and waiting on the first bite.

I think the bullpen needs to be addressed, first and foremost.  Is it going to be expensive?  Probably.  But if we acquire two controllable BP pieces, then make qualifying offers to Miller/Allen the offseason, and they go elsewhere, we're recouping the players lost with high picks in the 2019 draft.  If Miller and/or Allen accept their QO's, then we can take solace in the fact that we've one more year of a very, very good bullpen.