Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

2 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I think the bullpen needs to be addressed, first and foremost.  Is it going to be expensive?  Probably.  But if we acquire two controllable BP pieces, then make qualifying offers to Miller/Allen the offseason, and they go elsewhere, we're recouping the players lost with high picks in the 2019 draft.  If Miller and/or Allen accept their QO's, then we can take solace in the fact that we've one more year of a very, very good bullpen.  

Glad they made the move.

Edited by Bucketheadsdad

40 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I really wish we didn’t give up Mejia. I really like him a ton, but if it works out and they make a World Series run then it’s worth it. Anything less is disappointing.

Yeah it’s a big piece to give up. I think it’s the right move though, we’re closer to a world serious ( thanks Omar) now. I remember not giving up Jaret Wright for Pedro and not winning anything. Dumb move at the time and now.  I’m mostly ok with it because our farm system is DEEP.  Our lower minors looks to have some really big talent.

19 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah it’s a big piece to give up. I think it’s the right move though, we’re closer to a world serious ( thanks Omar) now. I remember not giving up Jaret Wright for Pedro and not winning anything. Dumb move at the time and now.  I’m mostly ok with it because our farm system is DEEP.  Our lower minors looks to have some really big talent.

We have to go for it. Mejia did not have a spot here.

We have proven time and time again to develop mid-level prospects into great players. Just have to trust our farm system and continue to do well in international signings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FEARtheELF said:

We have proven time and time again to develop mid-level prospects into great players. Just have to trust our farm system and continue to do well in international signings.

Well, the good news is that Logan Ice #72 pick in 2016 is raking (.198 with 54 K's in 167 PA).  :/

......and we did take a young catcher (Noah Naylor) with the #29 pick this year.  Haven't done that since Ray Fosse.  

Why do I have this funny feeling that before long, Chris Gimenez will be playing in Columbus again?  ;) 

17 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Well, the good news is that Logan Ice #72 pick in 2016 is raking (.198 with 54 K's in 167 PA).  :/

......and we did take a young catcher (Noah Naylor) with the #29 pick this year.  Haven't done that since Ray Fosse.  

Why do I have this funny feeling that before long, Chris Gimenez will be playing in Columbus again?  ;) 

Gomes should be around for a couple years and there is still Eric Haase in AAA. 6th round pick catcher. Dont need to jump off a cliff.

9 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

Gomes should be around for a couple years and there is still Eric Haase in AAA. 6th round pick catcher. Dont need to jump off a cliff.

I know that Gomes will be fine.  (This wasn't intended as a "sky is falling" post.  Far from it.)  I was just looking at the depth we have.  Lots of young catchers between Mahoning Valley and Akron.  

The integrity of wet paper bags is currently not in jeopardy.  :)

2 hours ago, FEARtheELF said:

Yep I like the move. 

Not as much as Sexton however. I think he’s going to be a star. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Noah is a heck of a player.