Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, he was coming off a nice season (.312, 11 hr, 76 RBI) and someone put a contract worth 50 million in his face having earned less than a million total thus far as a pro.

The 26 million base is enough to never have to worry about money again if he’s not an idiot and he’ll be a FA again before 30, if he doesn’t work out an extension that ups the final year or two of that deal in the mean time.

Hindsight being what it is obviously he left some money on the table, but I’m curious to see how many here would turn down 26 million guaranteed and opt for a few more seasons of 500k a year.

Yeah it’s really hard to turn that down. Ask Terrelle Pryor if he wishes he would have signed that multi year contract instead of betting on himself for one year this past year.

13 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, he was coming off a nice season (.312, 11 hr, 76 RBI) and someone put a contract worth 50 million in his face having earned less than a million total thus far as a pro.

The 26 million base is enough to never have to worry about money again if he’s not an idiot and he’ll be a FA again before 30, if he doesn’t work out an extension that ups the final year or two of that deal in the mean time.

Hindsight being what it is obviously he left some money on the table, but I’m curious to see how many here would turn down 26 million guaranteed and opt for a few more seasons of 500k a year.

Right I understand it’s better than going through arbitration it’s just such a cheap deal long term deal for a young player. You’d never see that in any other sport. I just wish we could convince lindor to do the same. 

On 7/21/2018 at 9:05 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

He needs to fire his agent. He should have never signed for that long. Even at the time he signed it he was really good and getting better. 

Indians have been clutch at getting their stud players to sign a good deal a season or two before they explode it all-stars. They did it with Kluber, Josa, Yan (before the injury), and etc. They tried to get it with Frankie but he was too good too fast and knew himself,how good he was going to be

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Kluber needs to sit out a few starts if we want to make a long post season run. 

I wonder what is going on with him.  That's 3-4 straight starts where he hasn't seemed himself.  I was listening to someone saying it's his mechanics, but I wonder if there is something mental going on too.  Hopefully he figures it out soon!

On 7/24/2018 at 10:04 AM, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

I wonder what is going on with him.  That's 3-4 straight starts where he hasn't seemed himself.  I was listening to someone saying it's his mechanics, but I wonder if there is something mental going on too.  Hopefully he figures it out soon!

Reminds me of last year when he started to lose it down the stretch. His pitch count and games need to be very limited until September. 

6 hours ago, brownie man said:

crazy right 

thats why we kept the man

To me

Bauer is a great player to have as a testiment how great the FO/Managment is for the Indians. That they are willing to work with players just as long they are kept in the loop. I know they weren’t the biggest fans of Bauer’s ideas of the things he wants to do when it comes to training. But he worked with the team and kept them in the know with the things he is doing or done. To me that’s why he has been so success here.