Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

It’s so obvious that kluber needs some time off 

He looked fine last night. From all reports his  mechanics looked a lot better. Feel like the prior injury, he was trying to over compensate for it with throwing motion. Let’s see how his next start goes

17 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

What would the price even be on him? He’d be a rental right?

Zimmer and Cleveninger? 

He might be willing to sign a one year deal to up his value. Hitting with Jose Frankie and Edwin would provide amazing protection for a year for him. So the Indians could potentially have him for two post season runs

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Zimmer and Cleveninger? 

He might be willing to sign a one year deal to up his value. Hitting with Jose Frankie and Edwin would provide amazing protection for a year for him. So the Indians could potentially have him for two post season runs

Bieber and Naquin ? I don’t want to give up clevinger I think he could be an ace in a few years. 

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Zimmer and Cleveninger? 

I'm willing to ship out Zimmer, but I'm not keen at all on tinkering with the rotation at the MLB level.  Kluber, Bauer, Carrasco, Clevinger, Bieber is arguably the best rotation in baseball.  

I don't want to disrupt that for two months of a guy having a sub par year, who is hoping to be knocking down close to 30 mil a season starting next year.  

Huge price to pay for Mike Clevinger.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

How’s Brady Aiken doing? Haven’t heard anything about him since he was drafted. 

Just looked on baseball reference for him over the weekend.  It didn't look like he has thrown all year.  

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=aiken-000bra&utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I'm willing to ship out Zimmer, but I'm not keen at all on tinkering with the rotation at the MLB level.  Kluber, Bauer, Carrasco, Clevinger, Bieber is arguably the best rotation in baseball.  

I don't want to disrupt that for two months of a guy having a sub par year, who is hoping to be knocking down close to 30 mil a season starting next year.  

Huge price to pay for Mike Clevinger.

Having 5 guys is nice but you really only need 4 starters in the post season. You can potentially get away having three. I think Bieber might have more long term potential  

Harper would be an amazing return with a potential of getting him maybe for another year. I think if Harper was willing to only sign a one year deal, the Indians might be willing to spend. There window to win now is at its peak right now. Rumors is Harper might sign a one year deal to prove this was just a down year and seek the huge deal. The talent Harper is, he would be worth the risk. Also the Dolan’s would have to know putting together a line up that has Jose Lindor and Harper would fill up that stadium. That be a huge move to make for the year they have the all star game coming to town

Unless we could somehow get Harper for cheap (which won't happen), then I'll pass on him. Dude is hitting like .220 for the year, and will be gone next year anyway. I'm not going to give up good players/prospects that can help us win now and in the future for a rental, especially when he hasn't even been that good this season.