Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

@Bonanza23, There’s an Indians “fan” who slurps the cool aid that actually said if the Tribe won the World Series this year then they’d still have lost the trade. Absolutely clueless.

Yeah that’s just a plain old stupid take. If we win the World Series I don’t give a flyin fart what we gave up!

10 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

So Mickey is probably going to get fired after this season right?

Hopefully and he comes right back here to Cleveland. Learns from his mistakes with Tito and eventually takes over for him. Sucks that he won’t get a fair shake from the FO. The Mets are such a crap fest 

43 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Hopefully and he comes right back here to Cleveland. Learns from his mistakes with Tito and eventually takes over for him. Sucks that he won’t get a fair shake from the FO. The Mets are such a crap fest 

I wish that would happen but I’m not sure we could just fire our current pitching coach. That would be a bad look. Our pitching hasn’t been bad enough to justify that. Maybe we could make him like head of pitching development. 

I think at this point, our best hope is that Miller/Hand can be a solid duo in the postseason. In a given game, in a pinch, if they can get 3-4 innings of solid relief from two guys, that’s what you’d like to see. Allen cannot be allowed to close much longer. At least, not if Miller regains form and health and Hand keeps pitching well. Allen should be the 3rd reliever at best right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cortes02 said:

The Indians need to lock up Francisco Lindor long term bad.

Peace!!!

They need to get him on one of those Jose Ramirez deals. 

Lindor will break the bank whenever his contract is up. I’m just hoping he’s a rare Cleveland homegrown star that stays put.

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Lindor will break the bank whenever his contract is up. I’m just hoping he’s a rare Cleveland homegrown star that stays put.

As much as I love him we will not be able to afford him come that time

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:
2 hours ago, cortes02 said:

The Indians need to lock up Francisco Lindor long term bad.

Peace!!!

There's no way we get him on a Ramirez type deal.  Supposedly he rejected a $100 million dollar contract from the Indians.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/francisco-lindor-reportedly-turned-down-a-100-million-dollar-long-term-contract/

The Indians will have to stop being cheap and open up the vaults if they even hope to re-sign him.

Peace!!!

• Like 1

Just now, cortes02 said:

There's no way we get him on a Ramirez type deal.  Supposedly he rejected a $100 million dollar contract from the Indians.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/francisco-lindor-reportedly-turned-down-a-100-million-dollar-long-term-contract/

The Indians will have to stop being cheap and open up the vaults if they even hope to re-sign him.

Peace!!!

Yes I know this. He’s a 200+ million guy for sure.