Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

34 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

What are thoughts on chances of a waiver deadline deal happening?

I have little faith but an order of preference of..

McCutchen

Donaldson

Bull pen arm

McCutchen would be awesome, but I'm with you - not likely.

He's more likely to land with someone like the Yankees (with Judge hurt).

6 hours ago, FEARtheELF said:

What are thoughts on chances of a waiver deadline deal happening?

I have little faith but an order of preference of..

McCutchen

Donaldson

Bull pen arm

I like McCutchen and a bullpen arm. 

I would like Donaldson but I dont like the idea of moving Jose to 2B so late in the season. Tito has said that he has taken no work at 2B this year so far. 

4 hours ago, bruceb said:

To keep our level of D at 3B, upgrade our D at 2B and upgrade our O.

If we catch lightning in a bottle, this is a great move.

Kipnis has been a weak link offensively and defensively.

Love the move. If all goes according tonplan, we just added an MVP caliber olayer to the playoff roster. Bullpen still worries me but time for these guy to go get it 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

why tho 

He’s been injured this year so production going forward is a question mark. But 2017 he hit .270 with 33 HRs. 2015 and 2016 he hit .297/41 and .284/37. I’m not expecting anything like that. I’m anticipating better than Kipnis level production at the plate though. He should give the middle of that order some extra pop. Kipnis might as well be blindfolded up there on some nights (about every night against a LHP). Huge upgrade with Kipnis not defensively at 2B also.

I’m interested now to see if Bauer can come back healthy like an ace before the postseason run and if they can get any kind of consistency from the BP.

7 hours ago, bruceb said:

To keep our level of D at 3B, upgrade our D at 2B and upgrade our O.

If we catch lightning in a bottle, this is a great move.

Kipnis has been a weak link offensively and defensively.

Kipnis is playing shallow center when he's manning 2nd, he's so far back. Got no quicks left. Playing that Ronnie Belliard 2nd base. Kip's washed up. But his bat could still prove out in the playoffs.

With Donaldson, Lindor, and Ramirez in the infield, we suddenly have an outstanding infield defense. Our outfield, with Brantley, Kipnis, and Melky, is about as slow as the '46 Indians...today. But all good, pro hitters. That's something at least.

Edited by Fatgerman

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

I want nothing to do with Kipnis being in our lineup as one of our outfielders. I love Tito but if his loyalty takes him down that road again I’m going to be displeased.

Outfield is garbage tho. At least now kip has the rest of the season to try it. If kip can’t keep this momentum at the plate it be fine. Funny they a cover shoot for a magazine changed his swing up