Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Cargo is going to be a huge X factor for this lineup. This lineup isn’t bad on paper once Lindor comes back.  

Nope, it's still pretty weak (for a contender). Santana, Lindor, Ramirez is obviously a great trio. But what else is there outside of that? I owned CarGo in a dynasty league, there is a reason he isn't in CO anymore. Even in Coors his bat was degrading reeeeeal fast.

19 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Nope, it's still pretty weak (for a contender). Santana, Lindor, Ramirez is obviously a great trio. But what else is there outside of that? I owned CarGo in a dynasty league, there is a reason he isn't in CO anymore. Even in Coors his bat was degrading reeeeeal fast.

We’re gonna have to win with pitching and timely hitting. It’s why I was upset we didn’t upgrade the BP.

• Like 1

Just now, candyman93 said:

We’re gonna have to win with pitching and timely hitting. It’s why I was upset we didn’t upgrade the BP.

Based upon the first 10 days of the season, not bringing Andrew Miller back looks like a wise move.  

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how John Edwards was a better option than Alex Wilson.  Wilson isn't a flame thrower, but he's had an ERA of 3.19 for his 7 year career.  

They have got to be thinking that Salazar is coming back at some point this season, and is hopefully going to nail down a slot in the bullpen.  If he does, I think our chances improve a bit.

21 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Based upon the first 10 days of the season, not bringing Andrew Miller back looks like a wise move.  

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how John Edwards was a better option than Alex Wilson.  Wilson isn't a flame thrower, but he's had an ERA of 3.19 for his 7 year career.  

They have got to be thinking that Salazar is coming back at some point this season, and is hopefully going to nail down a slot in the bullpen.  If he does, I think our chances improve a bit.

Making Salz a bullpen arm scares the crap out of me

7 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Who would he supplant in the rotation?  Unless they trade Kluber or Bauer mid season (which I don’t see happening), he would be the odd man out.  

He just scares the crap out of me pitching period. I don’t think he is mentally tough enough to be counted on. I would make him a long relief pitcher

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

You mean like the last two years, right?  :/ 

Yeah, but sadly, this year is WAY worse.

Edwin and Santana is about a push, but then again over the past several years we have lost:

Brantley

Donaldson

Bruce

Gomes

Alonzo

...and basically replaced them with AAA caliber players. That's absolutely embarrassing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

The Blue Jays SUCK.

Our starting rotation/top 3 arms are legit VERY GOOD. Imagine if we even had average bats in our lineup what this team could do.

Top3 arms? Gotta include Clev into this conversations now with the other three. His first two stars 22k/4BBs. He has picked up where he left off after the 2nd of last year. He was darn good that 2nd half and he looks better. 

They better make a move at the real deadline to get an OF bat. So they have the whole 2nd half of the season unlike the Donaldson move which kinda flopped but was a great attempt