Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

7 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Looks like Salazar fixed his mechanics. Muy bueno!

not buno and etc

Between him and Bauer's performances of late, all of a sudden I feel much more confident in the second half of our rotation than I did even just a month ago. Then you add Clevinger who is capable of a spot start in the playoffs if needed (once the rotation goes down to four) and our SPs look pretty dag good!

• Like 1

On 8/16/2017 at 7:37 AM, BwickRedux said:

Between him and Bauer's performances of late, all of a sudden I feel much more confident in the second half of our rotation than I did even just a month ago. Then you add Clevinger who is capable of a spot start in the playoffs if needed (once the rotation goes down to four) and our SPs look pretty dag good!

I'm still scared. It's been such an up and down year. I have no doubt we'll make the playoffs. If our pitching pitches in and pitches perfectly we can pitch World Series tents. Yo

16 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

I'm still scared. It's been such an up and down year. I have no doubt we'll make the playoffs. If our pitching pitches in and pitches perfectly we can pitch World Series tents. Yo

I agree. However during the playoffs we might only need one of them per series. We might not see Bauer or Clev in a starting role if Tomlin can come back in good form.

All we need is solid hitting and yeah I think we can go back to the WS. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

On 8/17/2017 at 10:26 PM, Bonanza23 said:

I dont know if the indians pitching has to be perfect. The offense is good enough to get the job done. 

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I dont know if the indians pitching has to be perfect. The offense is good enough to get the job done. 

.....and Brantley and Chisenhall will be back.  Now we're talking about a deep bench.  No Michael Martinez or Dahntay Jones (to use the Cavs as an example.)

21 hours ago, candyman93 said:

There's no way on Earth you take out Jay Bruce bat right now.

I dont think they were ever planning to take his bat out of the line up. Bruce was never going to be a pinch hitter player for up or a platoon player.

With the way the Indians are looking right now, this is going to be a scary team to match up with.

I know a lot of fans were nervous about this road trip with zero off days but they have destroyed it. Right now they are 8-2 and have given up only 20runs over the past 10 games or something crazy like that

These injuries are starting to concern me. I'm not quite in Chicken Little mode yet, but still:

*Brantley: I know they're treating him with kid gloves, but still somewhat a concern.

*Kipnis: The dude has had a rough year. This is a major concern.

*Salazar: The guy was starting to look good. Right Elbow inflammation is a HUGE concern. Hopefully since it's 10 days it's just precautionary. 

*Miller: This one is making me Chicken Little like crazy. With how Tito uses his bullpen/starters in the postseason, a less than 100% or worse, no Andrew Miller is nearly a death sentence to World Series hopes IMO.

Hopefully they all just get healthy before mid to late September.