Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

55 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I just wish Jose never participated in that damn Homerun Derby! His swing has been right since.  Not the first time the derby has done that to a hitter

If I remember correctly, Jose Ramirez has never been in the home run derby so I don’t think that is a reason for his downfall 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I just wish Jose never participated in that damn Homerun Derby! His swing has been right since.  Not the first time the derby has done that to a hitter

He hasn't performed in the Derby ever before dude.

https://www.cleveland.com/tribe/2019/03/jose-ramirez-pretty-much-has-to-compete-in-the-all-star-home-run-derby-this-year-tribe-take.html

He DECLINED it last year.

People pushed for him to do it this year with the ASG being in Cleveland.

10 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Wtf I’m drunk off my arse... 

i swear I was Listening to the radio and they said something like that. 

Those road pops are killing me lol 

just move a long...

It was 9 am when you posted that....

EastBuno and Down

• Like 5

Can anyone think of a good reason why we have to suffer through Jake Bauers' ineptitude and not ship him down and bring up Bradley?

Is this an ego thing, i.e., they don't want to admit they made a mistake trading Diaz for him?

Is Bauers out of options?

Or is this one of those "oh, we can hold him for another year if we don't bring him up too soon" things?

Are management's heads completely up their arses?

Edited by bruceb
Complete thought

19 hours ago, bruceb said:

Can anyone think of a good reason why we have to suffer through Jake Bauers' ineptitude and not ship him down and bring up Bradley?

Is this an ego thing, i.e., they don't want to admit they made a mistake trading Diaz for him?

Or is this one of those "oh, we can hold him for another year if we don't bring him up too soon" things?

Bradley is being held back for contract reasons. Which is pointless cause if the player is as good as he is, or what you hope for, he won’t see that extra year cause the Indians will just trade him before that.  So you might as well bring him up now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

Bradley is being held back for contract reasons. Which is pointless cause if the player is as good as he is, or what you hope for, he won’t see that extra year cause the Indians will just trade him before that.  So you might as well bring him up now. 

We've already passed the Super Two deadline. That's why Houston finally called up Yordan Alvarez when he has been batting .350/.450/.700 or better since April.

2 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

We've already passed the Super Two deadline. That's why Houston finally called up Yordan Alvarez when he has been batting .350/.450/.700 or better since April.

Then it's probably as much not wanting to admit that the Bauers trade was a mistake since he would be the odd man out.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2019 at 9:30 PM, bruceb said:

I know one game does not eliminate a season of woe - but prior to last night's game Bauers got called into the principal's office so Tito could give him a pep talk. Jake took it to heart and responded. He hit for the cycle Friday night.

So we will see what Saturday brings. My guess is he won't be in the lineup.

I wonder if Jason Kipnis has gotten any of those 'pep talks' over the past three years ^^^.  Complete deadweight. 

Indians are still treading water despite all the injuries.  Twins are on fire though.  Will be hard to catch them even if this team gets right and healthy.