Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

9 hours ago, EL Brownso said:

Love that they punished Sale. He's been crushed his last couple starts. Gives Kluber hope for another Cy Young. 

I think Kluber should give Kluber hope. I remember his first kinda came out of nowhere because everyone thought King Felix was going to win, but I really feel like the voters understand how seriously good of a pitcher Corey is, which hopefully plays out this year too - his streak of games consecutive games with 10 SOs is a good place to start building that case.

On 8/23/2017 at 10:19 AM, MWil23 said:

These injuries are starting to concern me. I'm not quite in Chicken Little mode yet, but still:

*Brantley: I know they're treating him with kid gloves, but still somewhat a concern.

*Kipnis: The dude has had a rough year. This is a major concern.

*Salazar: The guy was starting to look good. Right Elbow inflammation is a HUGE concern. Hopefully since it's 10 days it's just precautionary. 

*Miller: This one is making me Chicken Little like crazy. With how Tito uses his bullpen/starters in the postseason, a less than 100% or worse, no Andrew Miller is nearly a death sentence to World Series hopes IMO.

Hopefully they all just get healthy before mid to late September.

The one I'm most concerned about is Miller because I think the sauce he brings to the mound is unparalleled and as good as the fill-ins (e.g. Olson)  have been in the regular season I really don't think they compare to what Millertime would be. Brantley is a concern, but also not someone I view entirely as a necessity - if he can be ready to go by the end of September that'd be great but if he got hurt again in the playoffs I wouldn't be surprised or feel like it was a death sentence. I'm not concerned about Kipnis at all because frankly he's been terrible all year and Gio's defense at third is spectacular. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BwickRedux said:

I think Kluber should give Kluber hope. I remember his first kinda came out of nowhere because everyone thought King Felix was going to win, but I really feel like the voters understand how seriously good of a pitcher Corey is, which hopefully plays out this year too - his streak of games consecutive games with 10 SOs is a good place to start building that case.

I agree with you completely. But according to the baseball talking heads thought Sale was so far ahead he it was his for the taking. With his last two starts Kluber has surpassed him. Hopefully he can keep it up. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

1/2 now! They lost two in a row and we are 5.5 back from Houston. We still could take the #1 seed!!!

That is all

Mastercheddaar

If we were to end up with the same record, I think that the fact that we took the season series 5-1 would give us the top seed

• Like 1

11 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Brantley being back is going to make this offense a monster. Hopefully Zimmer continues to improve offensively.

1-7 would be a nightmare for opponents.

Words can't express how excited I am every time I think about the contract we locked Ramirez into...it makes me super happy.

happy-dance-animated-gif-image-48.gif

The Indians have the same record now as they did at this time last year - that's pretty impressive to me considering they didn't need a 14 game winning streak to get there and you're comparing them to the AL champs. Gotta hand it to Tito - the guy is a helluva manager when it comes to getting his team through the ups and downs of the season and keeping their focus when the games matter the most.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2017 at 8:41 AM, BwickRedux said:

The Indians have the same record now as they did at this time last year - that's pretty impressive to me considering they didn't need a 14 game winning streak to get there and you're comparing them to the AL champs. Gotta hand it to Tito - the guy is a helluva manager when it comes to getting his team through the ups and downs of the season and keeping their focus when the games matter the most.

This team is a lot more balance this year. More of a balanced line up, better defensive line ups, and deeper rotation IMO