Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

9 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Now this is totally fair.  I'll always love Kluber but with how damn good and deep our rotation was we easily could have flipped one of the starters for some offensive help (that would be nice right about now).  Still not opposed to trading Bauer at the deadline and riding Kluber, Carrasco and co. 

Yeah with Bauer out pitching the contract the Indians willing to give him, it’s better to trade him now. I just hope it’s to the NL. Should get pretty good value too since who ever gets him, should get at least 2 playoff runs out of him. I just don’t want to see him go to the Yankees. 

26 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Plesac has been a pleasant surprise but we have no idea what kind of long term he has. Especially when teams start getting better scouting reports on him. 

And when he hits hits the inevitable "rookie wall".  2019 will probably be more innings than he has ever pitched. At some point, the tank will hit "E".

6 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

And when he hits hits the inevitable "rookie wall".  2019 will probably be more innings than he has ever pitched. At some point, the tank will hit "E".

I do love that about Tito tho. He handles young pitchers very well. 

Maybe Klub or Cookie could turn into some good bullpen arms for the playoffs if they aren’t ready to be full starters.

lets just hope Cookie comes back fine tho

6 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

MEMO TO ANTONETTI AND CHERNOFF:

DO NOT not try to get cute and screw around with the idea of trading this guy. He is a bona fide power hitting left handed hitting corner outfielder........

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=666181#/career/R/hitting/2019/ALL

Hell call him up. The recent call ups have done great. No need to trade anyone. 

55 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

MEMO TO ANTONETTI AND CHERNOFF:

DO NOT not try to get cute and screw around with the idea of trading this guy. He is a bona fide power hitting left handed hitting corner outfielder........

I gotta caution you to look at more than just the HR/SB numbers here. I like Benson, but this might actually be the best time to move the guy. He has definitely improved greatly this year. But he is a 21 year old who has been in the system for four years and JUST NOW (in the last couple weeks) got promoted to High A. Which means he's a tad old for the level he is at and hasn't hit the harder transition in the minors yet (A to AA). In addition, his K% is still really, really high and hasn't improved at all throughout his minor league career (32% this year, about the same career). 

I really, really like his potential and want to keep him. Just saying that the guy isn't can't miss at all, he still has significant risk.

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Hell call him up. The recent call ups have done great. No need to trade anyone. 

Maybe if he was In AAA/AA I would give him a call up but he isn’t even in high single A. They need to promote him to at least AA like yesterday 

Before calling him a bona fide power hitter, I would want to see him light up the higher levels of the farm system first

Edited by buno67

3 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I gotta caution you to look at more than just the HR/SB numbers here. I like Benson, but this might actually be the best time to move the guy. He has definitely improved greatly this year. But he is a 21 year old who has been in the system for four years and JUST NOW (in the last couple weeks) got promoted to High A. Which means he's a tad old for the level he is at and hasn't hit the harder transition in the minors yet (A to AA). In addition, his K% is still really, really high and hasn't improved at all throughout his minor league career (32% this year, about the same career). 

I really, really like his potential and want to keep him. Just saying that the guy isn't can't miss at all, he still has significant risk.

To be fair to him though, he did just completely revamp his swing. 

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

To be fair to him though, he did just completely revamp his swing. 

Like I said, I like him and hope he works out. But somebody suggested bringing him to the majors right now! And I think it's important to be realistic so that we don't murder the prospect the first false step they take. Benson is AT LEAST two years away IMO, and still has significant bust chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Like I said, I like him and hope he works out. But somebody suggested bringing him to the majors right now! And I think it's important to be realistic so that we don't murder the prospect the first false step they take. Benson is AT LEAST two years away IMO, and still has significant bust chance.

Ahh I gotcha. I agree some are unrealistic in wanting prospects to be called up. Even bringing Bradley up may have been a bit early. But that’s the desperation this year caused with zero offense. (Until now)

17 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Ahh I gotcha. I agree some are unrealistic in wanting prospects to be called up. Even bringing Bradley up may have been a bit early. But that’s the desperation this year caused with zero offense. (Until now)

Yeah, like, I think Bradley coming up was about right. Because he was performing well in triple A. Even if he flops now, it lets him know what he needs to work on in AAA before coming back up. Benson JUST got promoted to high A.

On 6/27/2019 at 2:15 PM, freakygeniuskid said:

Aaron Judge played a full season at A level at 22 years old with a 28% K rate. Have to remember, had he went to college, this would be his first season of minor league ball. Also, he turned 21 last week, so he may very well see himself in Akron before he turns 22.

He does have risk, but this is in no way the best time to move him.