Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

1 hour ago, brooks1957 said:

Then maybe our coaches need to be given a look under a microscope.....

Why were the Yankee coaches able to get the offense out of him? He is still playing elite defense, now he is hitting a respectable .250 - and he is an All Star.

You never ever ever trade elite defense.

well its not like the Yanks broke camp with Ursh as a starter. He was only given a chance because of Andujar tearing up his shouder. Also Ursh had injury issues which lead to the Indians DFA him last May 2018. He also did nothing for the Bluejays, hence why they traded him to the Yanks for Cash. Dude has been a negative WAR player his entire career until now. I dont know if Ursh can keep this up.

1 hour ago, brooks1957 said:

Tribe sweeps the Royals - coming back from a 3-1 deficit to win going away at 8-4. Meanwhile, in the Bay Area - the Twinkies get lit up - AGAIN.........

We are not even to the All Star Break, and the once insurmountable lead of 14 games is down to just 6 GAMES.

We needed that after the 2 ugly games against Baltimore.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, buno67 said:

well its not like the Yanks broke camp with Ursh as a starter. He was only given a chance because of Andujar tearing up his shouder. Also Ursh had injury issues which lead to the Indians DFA him last May 2018. He also did nothing for the Bluejays, hence why they traded him to the Yanks for Cash. Dude has been a negative WAR player his entire career until now. I dont know if Ursh can keep this up.

You're right. buno. This probably was a situation of Gio taking advantage of an opportunity that presented itself. It it what it is. I was really impressed by the stretch of elite defense he displayed here in Cleveland, and I didn't think his offense was that bad. He was a key reason, maybe in my mind only, that we won the division that year.

Probably never will like the trade/DFA - but I wish him well.

3 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

You're right. buno. This probably was a situation of Gio taking advantage of an opportunity that presented itself. It it what it is. I was really impressed by the stretch of elite defense he displayed here in Cleveland, and I didn't think his offense was that bad. He was a key reason, maybe in my mind only, that we won the division that year.

Probably never will like the trade/DFA - but I wish him well.

His defense was great but it came down to him or Erik Gonzalez, both were out of options so they had to pick which one to give up. Hell If the Indians had a competent starting OF, maybe Ursh is kept but they kept Erik last year in the beginning because truly the Indians needed anyone who could play outfield.  

Would have loved to kept him so next year he could have been the starting 3B and make Jose the full time 2B and we just let Kip walk

6 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

Dang, Buno - hitting all my buttons today. I really thought that Erik Gonzalez was finding his stroke last year and deserved a spot on this year's team. Surely, he was not making enough money to justify his trade.

Grrrrrrrrrr

yeah Erik started off really strong last year. Like he had a pretty good 100-150 at bats but than fell off. Right now he is a -.2 WAR and Luplow is a .3. It was Luplow and an IF we got in the Gonzo trade I believe