Jump to content
malibuspeedrace

Cleveland Indians Thread : we might have a nice thing!

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Santana got ousted round 1

Santana never should have been in this competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Santana never should have been in this competition.

gotta have at least one home town guy in it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah, I more meant assets that we can really afford to give up.  We have a few really good talents, but I'm not sure it's worth selling those guys off for one big name guy.  If anything, I think we're likely to make a couple strategic moves with minor leaguers we're fine parting with, for maybe a bullpen arm or two, a utility guy, etc.  There are always teams selling arms at the deadline, and I think we could use another guy or two on the back end.  I don't expect any major shakeups though. 

I dont think the Indians really need bullpen help. The Bullpen has been good. When Kluber comes back he will either turn into a BP arm or the guy he replaced in the lineup should be come a BP arm. 

Also if the Indians are trading some of their top tier guys, its going to be for a guy with control. Doing that makes it worth it. Like trading Mejia for Hand. Dude was the top prospect for us and one of the top guys in all of AAA, they got stud closer with great control and a great contract. I wasnt the biggest fan of the deal last year but it has really worked out this year

Edited by buno67

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

And I am not so sure that the big "name" guy is a guarantee of the playoffs........

Wait I know it isn't!

It depends on who you get and what shape they are in. They got Donaldson for dirt cheap last year because he was rusty as hell. 

You go get a guy like Miller and you can ride him all the way to the WS. It all depends on who you get. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, buno67 said:

 I wasnt the biggest fan of the deal last year but it has really worked out this year

I knew you’d come around. 

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

I dont think the Indians really need bullpen help. The Bullpen has been good. When Kluber comes back he will either turn into a BP arm or the guy he replaced in the lineup should be come a BP arm. 

They aren’t in desperate need of bullpen help, but another arm or two would not hurt. You’re going to have one or two playoff games where your starter doesn’t get out of the fourth ending. Good playoff teams have very deep bullpens. When the bad teams start selling off players, might as well take advantage. The competition sure will be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I knew you’d come around. 

They aren’t in desperate need of bullpen help, but another arm or two would not hurt. You’re going to have one or two playoff games where your starter doesn’t get out of the fourth ending. Good playoff teams have very deep bullpens. When the bad teams start selling off players, might as well take advantage. The competition sure will be. 

Yes but by the time the playoffs come around. The Indians will reduce their starting staff to 4 starters. Right now the Indians have a good young staff and than will get Klub. So out of those 6 starters, 2 of them will be turned into bullpen. 

Also don’t forget this is the first year with only one trade deadline and that is July 31st. There will no longer be the August trade deadline. So we might not see as many trades cause more teams might think they are still in it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the talk I am reading about trading Bauer makes me sick.

A rotation that features Bauer, Clevinger and Bieber can win.

A rotation without Bauer probably cannot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, bruceb said:

All the talk I am reading about trading Bauer makes me sick.

A rotation that features Bauer, Clevinger and Bieber can win.

A rotation without Bauer probably cannot.

I think that talk is based on cheap ownership unlikely to resign him when his contract is up.  Same owner that wouldn't give Michael Brantley $6M to stick around this off-season. 

Hopefully the two sides work something out, but it seems he's not in it for the long haul here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bruceb said:

All the talk I am reading about trading Bauer makes me sick.

A rotation that features Bauer, Clevinger and Bieber can win.

A rotation without Bauer probably cannot.

makes you sick but he could get you one hell of a haul if traded this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, buno67 said:

makes you sick but he could get you one hell of a haul if traded this year

I agree, buno, that you could get quite the bounty for Trevor this season. But I guar-ron-damn-tee you that NO proven ML talent that is ready to help us win in 2019 will be coming back to the North Coast in a deal. It will certainly ALL be prospects, i.e. - Dolan's Discounts signature line - CHEAP.

If you want to be the owner of a ML franchise - then act like it. And that means digging deep for contracts for players that allow you to compete. Trading Bauer is the nuclear option for 2019. You have NO ONE ready to take his spot in the rotation. So you have pissed off and alienated the fan base once again. The 2019 pennant race? That is now a memory as Dolan said "Physce!"

Gawd, I hate this front office.

Especially when it appears the Twins will be in strike mode for Madison Baumgartner

Edited by brooks1957

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

I agree, buno, that you could get quite the bounty for Trevor this season. But I guar-ron-damn-tee you that NO proven ML talent that is ready to help us win in 2019 will be coming back to the North Coast in a deal. It will certainly ALL be prospects, i.e. - Dolan's Discounts signature line - CHEAP.

If you want to be the owner of a ML franchise - then act like it. And that means digging deep for contracts for players that allow you to compete. Trading Bauer is the nuclear option for 2019. You have NO ONE ready to take his spot in the rotation. So you have pissed off and alienated the fan base once again. The 2019 pennant race? That is now a memory as Dolan said "Physce!"

Gawd, I hate this front office.

Do you think Dolan really cares?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Do you think Dolan really cares?

That is the problem, brother. He most certainly does NOT.  the only thing he cares about is the size of his bank account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brooks1957 said:

I agree, buno, that you could get quite the bounty for Trevor this season. But I guar-ron-damn-tee you that NO proven ML talent that is ready to help us win in 2019 will be coming back to the North Coast in a deal. It will certainly ALL be prospects, i.e. - Dolan's Discounts signature line - CHEAP.

If you want to be the owner of a ML franchise - then act like it. And that means digging deep for contracts for players that allow you to compete. Trading Bauer is the nuclear option for 2019. You have NO ONE ready to take his spot in the rotation. So you have pissed off and alienated the fan base once again. The 2019 pennant race? That is now a memory as Dolan said "Physce!"

Gawd, I hate this front office.

Especially when it appears the Twins will be in strike mode for Madison Baumgartner

yeah they might not be able to get a proven player but getting talent for next year and the year after can be huge when they better make a push to win while they still have frankie. I would hate to send Trevor to the Yankees but I wouldnt mind getting  Clint Frazier back and more. Frazier would be added talent and would for sure be a starter next year. 

You trade for a stud prospect. You should be able to get one of the best guys from a team's farm system. You get him this year, he plays in '20, so by '21, Frankie's last year, the dude could be a young stud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, buno67 said:

Clint Frazier back and more. Frazier would be added talent and would for sure be a starter next year. 

Not a difference maker, imho.

Injury-prone and an idiot.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×