Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

52 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

With all of the starting pitchers we have up right now (Kluber, Cookie, Danny, Bauer, Tomlin, Merritt, Clev), would you consider moving any of them to the pen? The obvious ones are Merritt and Clev.  But I also think Danny threw well out of the pen in the series last year.  We aren't going to pitch 7 starters and at different points we will probably only pitch 3-4 starters in the post season.  Who do you start and who do you use in relief roles?  I think the obvious is have Kluber/Cookie/Danny/Bauer start and put the other three in the pen for spot work in case one of the starters gets pounded in the first few innings. 

But I had argued at the beginning of the year with my brother and dad about moving Bauer into the pen before he made me look dumb and started dominating. Danny looked good out of the pen in last years series. 

I want to say TF only wants to carry 4 legit starters into the playoffs. With the way the games are spaced out, there is no need for a 5 because the rest days are built in. I think some of the other starters will be moved to the pen and the others will be left off the playoff rosters. 

I would almost want to go with a Klu/Cookie/Bauer/Cle rotation for the playoffs. I like Merritt in the pen because he has some nice stuff and would add a nice change of pace since he doesnt throw so hard.

You dont look dumb because early on in the year he looked bad and was hoping he might have a Miller type career. Fail as a starter but become a rock star reliever. I think once TF challenged him on becoming that #3 starter, he took it to heart and has been destroying it since

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Who would you consider to be "superstar" level on this team, not including pitchers? JRam and Frankie? Do you include Brantley?

I don't. You have to be available to play to be a superstar.

And even when he is available, he's a cut above average but not a superstar, imho.

Riding his reputation.

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

I don't. You have to be available to play to be a superstar.

And even when he is available, he's a cut above average but not a superstar, imho.

Riding his reputation.

He's wasnt riding his reputation. He was playing like his normal self until he got hurt again. 

13 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Who would you consider to be "superstar" level on this team, not including pitchers? JRam and Frankie? Do you include Brantley?

Have to do include Encarnacion. The guy is doing exactly what he was brought in to do and has done the last five years of his career that made him a three time all star and one of the big time home run hitters in baseball

• Like 1