Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

Looking down at Columbus, the depth of the Organization is actually insane. After the deadline and we see Bauers and Allen go down (my expectations). I see just about every position in Columbus having someone that is knocking on the door of the show or ready to come up in 2020 and play if needed for a couple weeks, and plenty of guys in Akron ready to push them. Then there is around 6 guys that might start the season in Columbus that can spot start in 2020 as well.

• C Haase
  • 1B Bauers
  • 2B Arroyo (Mathias)
  • SS Chang (Clement)
  • 3B Valazquez (Jones)
  • LF Tom
  • CF Allen (Zimmer)
  • RF D. Johnson
  • DH Bradley

• Allen
  • Civale
  • Rodriquez
  • Plutko
  • McKenzie
  • Moss

The one bummer is we don't have a STAR ready to come up and elevate the lineup. Lot of guys who can play, but the guys that have star potential, for better or worse, I think won't be ready till 2021-2022

19 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

Looking down at Columbus, the depth of the Organization is actually insane. After the deadline and we see Bauers and Allen go down (my expectations). I see just about every position in Columbus having someone that is knocking on the door of the show or ready to come up in 2020 and play if needed for a couple weeks, and plenty of guys in Akron ready to push them. Then there is around 6 guys that might start the season in Columbus that can spot start in 2020 as well.

• C Haase
  • 1B Bauers
  • 2B Arroyo (Mathias)
  • SS Chang (Clement)
  • 3B Valazquez (Jones)
  • LF Tom
  • CF Allen (Zimmer)
  • RF D. Johnson
  • DH Bradley

• Allen
  • Civale
  • Rodriquez
  • Plutko
  • McKenzie
  • Moss

The one bummer is we don't have a STAR ready to come up and elevate the lineup. Lot of guys who can play, but the guys that have star potential, for better or worse, I think won't be ready till 2021-2022

You think it is Bauers that goes to Columbus?  I'm still thinking Luplow.  Sure he's been raking against LHP, but bringing in two RH OF bats kinda makes him redundant at this point, doesn't it?  I think as well, they might like to have someone that can actually spell Santana at 1B from time to time, and look pretty solid doing it.   

We should know fairly soon.

23 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

You think it is Bauers that goes to Columbus?  I'm still thinking Luplow.  Sure he's been raking against LHP, but bringing in two RH OF bats kinda makes him redundant at this point, doesn't it?  I think as well, they might like to have someone that can actually spell Santana at 1B from time to time, and look pretty solid doing it.   

We should know fairly soon.

I think Bauers goes down for now. We have a lot of very good teams coming up in August, so I don't see Santana getting many, if any, off days any time soon. Bauers won't see any time if he is here. Luplow on the other hand, would still platoon with Naquin.

I think the idea is to let Bauers go down and play, while letting Luplow and Naquin to continue in a familiar role. Plawecki and Freeman will need to spend next couple weeks taking some balls at 1B in this situation though. Plawecki has played a (small) handful of games there in his past. 

54 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Lineup released for tonight. Puig in RH, Reyes as the DH, Salazar on the bump

I am surprised it was Bauers and not Luplow.

Honestly, where is Bauers going to get any time? The only reason we would keep him over Luplow is he can play 1B. But you're not going to pinch hit Bauers in any situation and Santana isn't coming out of the lineup for the next month.

21 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

In that case, FTE - it would have made more sense to send Bauers and Luplow down and keep Allen here. At least he could spell anyone from all three outfield positions.

If there is a LHP on the mound to start the game, Luplow is getting the start.  If you think about it Luplow is a starter, Allen is a bench player, whether a LHP or RHP is on the mound, he isn't getting the nod over Naquin. Don't send down a starting OF because another guy can play an extra postion. Would you pinch hit Allen for Puig, Mercado, or Naquin late in a game? I don't see that happening. BUT in the 7th inning, you have a LHP out of the pen and Naquin up and need a big hit, there is no doubt Luplow is going to hit in that situation. 

At this moment,  I think the Indians view Luplow as a starting OFer and Allen and Bauers as bench guys.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FEARtheELF said:

I think Bauers goes down for now. We have a lot of very good teams coming up in August, so I don't see Santana getting many, if any, off days any time soon. Bauers won't see any time if he is here. Luplow on the other hand, would still platoon with Naquin.

I think the idea is to let Bauers go down and play, while letting Luplow and Naquin to continue in a familiar role. Plawecki and Freeman will need to spend next couple weeks taking some balls at 1B in this situation though. Plawecki has played a (small) handful of games there in his past. 

You were right, but Bruce Drennan asked the same questions and made the same predictions on the shifting of the roster that I did.  (Not sure I want to be in the same company as he is, however.)