Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Man kipnis is swing a hot bat lately. He has been killing it for the past 4 weeks. Dude just hit another HR

It seems like he goes on a hot streak every year about this time. I’ve always been a fan of his. His issue has been lineup placement. If he sticks to being a 6-8 guy he’s in a perfect spot. Just don’t try and make him a 2-4 guy. 

7 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

It seems like he goes on a hot streak every year about this time. I’ve always been a fan of his. His issue has been lineup placement. If he sticks to being a 6-8 guy he’s in a perfect spot. Just don’t try and make him a 2-4 guy. 

I think the hot bat will keep up cause teams will have to pitch to him with what he has in front of him. he is one of the batters you need to go after and he has been making teams pay for it. I can’t remember the last stretch he had like this tho.  Prolly have to go back to ‘15 or ‘16 for that 

Just now, brownie man said:

Man I’m really proud of this team. I hope Kluber can come back and be solid. 

Houston is a problem though 

Kluber is the key to the rest of the season. We can beat up on all of these lower teams all we want but we need our ace back if we want to do anything once we’re in the playoffs. Bieber is the only one I trust in this rotation and he doesn’t have playoff experience. 

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

And it’s all for nothing if we don’t win our series against them 

Really? Never considered that..............

Especially this next upcoming series. Let's just say for argument's sake - it stays at a 3 game deficit entering Thursday. Overtaking the Twins over the weekend would be euphoric. It also would be crushing to leave Minneapolis with a 7 game deficit. Hopefully, we won't be down 2-0 two batters into the game because Bauer isn't pitching.  But that is the position we put ourselves in - and it is up to us to dig ourselves out of it.

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Kluber is the key to the rest of the season. We can beat up on all of these lower teams all we want but we need our ace back if we want to do anything once we’re in the playoffs. Bieber is the only one I trust in this rotation and he doesn’t have playoff experience. 

I would count on Clevinger as well

6 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Don't trust Clevinger?

12 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Not yet. Not in the playoffs. 

How do you trust Bieber but not Clevinger?  Clevinget pitched just fine in gm3 last year in the playoffs. Especially in an elimination game for his first playoff start