Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

11 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

It sort of worries me that the Indians can shell mediocre/bad pitching but struggle badly vs. good pitching. Should I be worried we cant hit anybody rated as a top 20 pitcher in baseball?

Well that’s why you want pitchig. Good thing is a lot of teams outside of the Astros don’t have top20 pitchers. Indians needed hitters so they can hit those other pitchers

And as far as last night, sometimes you just gotta tip your hat to the other pitcher. Mike Minor threw a hell of a game against us. As far as Civale - that's a dang tough luck loss. But to have back to back quality starts a month or so apart in your first two big league starts - that's damn impressive.

Anyone else notice this little tidbit last night? When Aaron Civale threw his gem against the Tigers, he was wearing jersey 66.

He wasn't last night...........

Edited by brooks1957

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Tribe allowed 3 runs in a 3 game series with Texas.  Impressive. 

Really big 4-game series @ Minnesota coming up. 

I’m kinda glad we get the Red Sox sandwiched between the twins and Yankees. This season has been a grind for Boston and they’re struggling right now.

The rainout Tuesday helps the Tribe with their pitching matchups. The radio announcers were saying yesterday that The Tribe would have had a bullpen day either gm 2 yesterday or on Sunday in MN. MLB allows you to add an extra pitcher or position player when you have a DH forced by a rainout.

So Tito chose to have the bullpen day when he had the 26th player - and pushed Clevinger back to face the Twins today. I like that plan a whole lot better.

BTW - Kluber has his first rehab start for the Clippers tonight.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

The rainout Tuesday helps the Tribe with their pitching matchups. The radio announcers were saying yesterday that The Tribe would have had a bullpen day either gm 2 yesterday or on Sunday in MN. MLB allows you to add an extra pitcher or position player when you have a DH forced by a rainout.

So Tito chose to have the bullpen day when he had the 26th player - and pushed Clevinger back to face the Twins today. I like that plan a whole lot better.

BTW - Kluber has his first rehab start for the Clippers tonight.

Thanks for the reminder about Kluber. Hopefully he shows his shoulder and back are well rested and that he has removed the sinker from his arsenal

Edited by buno67

Guys we have to remember that we are not playing the Tigers or the Orioles this weekend. Bottom line - these boys can hit a ton; and they have done so all year against all teams including us. It is NEVER over against these guys until the 27th out is in the books.

I am thankful that we came out on top - not much else matters. We got our "ace" going tonight.

We are within ONE game now.

1 hour ago, brooks1957 said:

Guys we have to remember that we are not playing the Tigers or the Orioles this weekend. Bottom line - these boys can hit a ton; and they have done so all year against all teams including us. It is NEVER over against these guys until the 27th out is in the books.

I am thankful that we came out on top - not much else matters. We got our "ace" going tonight.

We are within ONE game now.

Shane needs to go the distance tonight, our bullpen is gassed.

• Like 1