Jump to content
malibuspeedrace

Cleveland Indians Thread : we might have a nice thing!

Recommended Posts

So your telling me......we got rid of Cory Kluber for Delino Deshields......

The ineptitude makes me almost forget that we let Michael Brantley walk to the Astros for a contract that you can order off the dollar menu. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

Spot on Buno - they upgraded the penalties in the last CBA. I was thinking with my "old" brain...

when it comes to the front office, since they know how tight of a belt they get to work with, they would be double-checking to be making sure they know exactly who they are getting. Hell I hope they go after the rangers and blame them for selling them a dirty player but I doubt it works. This FO rarely makes a truly bad move. The worst I can think of was the Yandy trade but in reality, they had no idea what kind of player he was cause Tito rarely freaking played him. Something like that was bound to happen to this franchise. They have been making a living on getting those type of prospects and watching them blossom in Cleveland. With the best, most recent example is Kluber. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

So your telling me......we got rid of Cory Kluber for Delino Deshields......

The ineptitude makes me almost forget that we let Michael Brantley walk to the Astros for a contract that you can order off the dollar menu. 

Not the FO's fault ownership wants to cut spending. Thats the reason Kluber was moved. He was making like $18m and were trying to get a long term player. When it comes to Brantley, Dolan was never going to threw in the money to do that. Dolan hasnt reinvested FA contracts into the team for the last 3 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

If there’s no games do contracts just get put on hold until the next year?

That’s a really good question, if this was football then yes.

 

However, the MLBPA is much stronger than the NFLPA. So I’m not sure what’s in their CBA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Owners: We are taking a HUGE loss/not making much money every single year

Players: Open your books and show us/prove it

Owners: No, we won't do that, just trust us.

Manfred: I'm a complete joke

Players: We won't be embarrassed again after 2016

Fans: This isn't a negotiation year, we're in the middle of a worldwide pandemic, and...

Players: WE WON'T BE EMBARRASSED AGAIN AFTER 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Both Players and Owners: We don't care that unemployment in this country is at 40 million people and this isn't a negotiation year, but rather a pandemic exception. The WNBA and MLS have both figured out their seasons, as have other European and Asian leagues all over the world, but we're going to take a giant dump all over baseball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Owners: We are taking a HUGE loss/not making much money every single year

Players: Open your books and show us/prove it

Owners: No, we won't do that, just trust us.

Manfred: I'm a complete joke

Players: We won't be embarrassed again after 2016

Fans: This isn't a negotiation year, we're in the middle of a worldwide pandemic, and...

Players: WE WON'T BE EMBARRASSED AGAIN AFTER 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Both Players and Owners: We don't care that unemployment in this country is at 40 million people and this isn't a negotiation year, but rather a pandemic exception. The WNBA and MLS have both figured out their seasons, as have other European and Asian leagues all over the world, but we're going to take a giant dump all over baseball.

This is perfect.

 

I blame the owners, but the MLBPA is being a little silly as well. They know owners are going to be hit with no fans in the stands even with the proposed extra playoff games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Players are entitled and ownership is greedy. Nobody cares about the nations unemployment, to include the grounds crew or concession workers for these MLB teams, where they could use baseball being played. Both sides are using the other as a scapegoat and they have equal fault. In this case I would argue the players might be more at fault, considering there are legitimate arguments that ownership will lose money if baseball is played without much capacity seating. Players aren’t going to lose any money. As far as I’m concerned, if players want to sit out and not want to play with big concessions, bring up the minor leaguers to fill the void. I’m ready to have baseball on in the background. Forget these dudes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Players are entitled and ownership is greedy. Nobody cares about the nations unemployment, to include the grounds crew or concession workers for these MLB teams, where they could use baseball being played. Both sides are using the other as a scapegoat and they have equal fault. In this case I would argue the players might be more at fault, considering there are legitimate arguments that ownership will lose money if baseball is played without much capacity seating. Players aren’t going to lose any money. As far as I’m concerned, if players want to sit out and not want to play with big concessions, bring up the minor leaguers to fill the void. I’m ready to have baseball on in the background. Forget these dudes.

Why I'll never be on anyone's "side" on these things regardless of sport, but rather insult them both:

Kyrie Irving yesterday:

"Only 20 of us really make any real money."

The NBA midlevel exception is $8 million. To put that into perspective, 149 NBA players made OVER that amount this year.

 

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Why I'll never be on anyone's "side" on these things regardless of sport, but rather insult them both:

Kyrie Irving yesterday:

Only 20 of us really make any real money.

The NBA midlevel exception is $8 million. To put that into perspective, 149 NBA players made OVER that amount this year.

 

@kyrieirving then quit basketball because dudes aren’t making real money in that job and hit the coal mine or something where you will be less oppressed, like the other 99% of society. Make some real money. Forget these dudes man. They’re just entertainers. Most of them aren’t good for much else.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NateDawg said:

@kyrieirving then quit basketball because dudes aren’t making real money in that job and hit the coal mine or something where you will be less oppressed, like the other 99% of society. Make some real money. Forget these dudes man. They’re just entertainers. Most of them aren’t good for much else.

The dude believes the earth is flat and wants people to buy into other things that he says and has the guts to call everyone else crazy/out of touch. It's amusing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kyrie is brave and a hero for standing up against racial injustice. I wish more players had the guts to hate racism. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

Kyrie is brave and a hero for standing up against racial injustice. I wish more players had the guts to hate racism. 

You can stand up for racial injustice AND believe that $8 million is real money in this round earth we all live in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...