Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m liking this shortened season. Every game matters. 162 games is too much. 

Players are having to take every game more serious too and of treat it like a marathon.

We have an expanded playoff + we play literally the worst teams in baseball.

Really excited to see Aaron Civale tomorrow.

Edited by candyman93

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Really excited to see Aaron Civale tomorrow.

And how the rest of our rotation performs against teams that can actually score runs.

If we come out of next week 6-4, we have a chance at the playoffs.

11 hours ago, bruceb said:

And how the rest of our rotation performs against teams that can actually score runs.

If we come out of next week 6-4, we have a chance at the playoffs.

Not even that. Even before everything happen. The Indians were expected to have one of the best rotations in baseball. The start by the starting Pitching shouldn’t surprise anyone. Just need the offense to click. 

26 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol, I mean, what did they think was going to happen?

Yup, not remotely surprising. All sports this year - if they continue - will have a giant asterisk on it anyway. As much as I want football to happen, I think it's highly unlikely to happen at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

...and people still think that college football is happening this year, let alone HS. Our first day of mandatory practice is Saturday and the governor said it’s “too soon to make a decision.” This won’t end well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think that MLB is going to struggle to get a season completed.  Even though it is less than 40% of a regular seasson, the fact that games are played on back to back days for weeks at a time, they might find themselves having some serious issues, like the Marlins are having right now.  Sure, they have the extra 30 players to use, but unless they're sequestered away somewhere, you may very well see the illness pop up in locations unanticipated.

I do think that there is a better shot that the NFL could happen, but I think they're going to need to go into hubs.  There is a significant reality that teams may not be playing in their home stadiums this year.  I think that just from a logistics standpoint, college football may very well not happen this year, as there are so many more variable to be considered that schools can't, or perhaps shouldn't deal with.  I posted this a couple of weeks ago in the NFL General forum, where they were talking about the impact of Covid 19 on the season.  It is something that might allow the NFL to have a season this year.  It may not be the best answer, but it is working in another situation.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

...and people still think that college football is happening this year, let alone HS. Our first day of mandatory practice is Saturday and the governor said it’s “too soon to make a decision.” This won’t end well.

College football is definitely not happening, neither is HS imo.

• Like 1