Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

2 hours ago, bigjohnson2009 said:

He actually said benched smh

He needed a wakeup call, badly, at that time just as Santana has needed one for most of the shortened season.

They finally recognized the need to move Lindor from the 3 hole way too late. Althoudh he still is not hitting with RISP.

The shortened season should have accelerated their decision-making.

Francola/Alomar/the FO did not do and have not done that, save for the decision to trade Clevinger, but even that probably at least in part was as much due to him rightly becoming persona non gratis in the clubhouse.

14 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

So we had McKenzie come out of the bullpen. I guess that means Cookie is the #3 guy. Which I think is smart, give his experience and he’s been fantastic.

That's the way it should be.

Not that it's predictive of anything but McKenzie did awfully well in a reliever role.

And he like Quantrill can go more than 1 inning.

That could be huge.

Honest option, how do we really feel about this Indians roster going into the postseason? I'm not worried about pitching, but man outside of the Indians top 4-5 in the lineup the rest of the order is horrible. Might bite them in the butt when they need to bail pitchers out

I think they can win a series, I just don't know how they are making it to the WS.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Honest option, how do we really feel about this Indians roster going into the postseason? I'm not worried about pitching, but man outside of the Indians top 4-5 in the lineup the rest of the order is horrible. Might bite them in the butt when they need to bail pitchers out

I think they can win a series, I just don't know how they are making it to the WS.

With the exception of the past couple nights, they haven’t given me much confidence against good teams. As was the case much of last season also. They do really well against the bottom feeders. Offensively I don’t see them putting up many runs against some of the best teams in the postseason. Unfortunately I think possibly one series win, but that’s the ceiling for me.