Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

What are your guys idea of a "realistic" trade for Fransisco Lindor?

How about this....

Yankees get Fransisco Lindor

Indians get:

Clint Frazier - OF

Miguel Andujar - OF/3B

Gary Sanchez - C

Oswald Peraza - SS

- Frazier, a former 1st round pick of the Indians comes back home and is an immediate plug and play in the outfield.  He has shown flashes in limited playing time with the Yankees but I believe he can be a star if given an everyday spot in the outfield.

- Andujars can play 3B so a move for Jose Ramirez to 2nd base can be done.  Andujar was a doubles machine and hit for average as a rookie in 2018 coming in 2nd place for rookie of the year.  Andujar was hurt for 99% of 2019 and when he came back in 2020, he began learning to play the OF and 1st base which adds to his versatility.   He had an up and down year hitting while being sent up and down to the bubble.  His second stint in the majors showed him regaining his hitting stroke before being sent back down to the bubble before the playoffs.

Sanchez had one of his most difficult seasons as a hitter but when he is on, his hitting and power are undeniable which is invaluable at the catcher position. 

Oswald Peraza is a SS prospect in single A who is one of the Yankees top 15 prospects.  He doesn't have a lot of power but has good contact.

This package isn't jam packed with top of the line prospects but it provides immediate starters at 3 positions that can finally provide some pop to the line up.

Peace!!!

OK, the George Floyd protests have gotten the team thinking about changing their nickname.

Here's an easy solution. Use the name Barons, taken from various hockey teams in Cleveland. Sure it's also the name of one of our division rivals' farm teams, but it has a rich history here too.

The color scheme would be expanded to honor the entire history of sports in Cleveland, changing the shade of red used to wine, and adding gold, orange and brown to the team colors.

Similarly, I've proposed the Braves franchise acquire the rights to the identity of the former NHL team Atlanta Thrashers. using the look verbatim with one minor fix - the hockey stick of the original Thrashers logo (based on the bird called the thrasher) is modified to a baseball bat. The uniforms used by the NHL team would form the basis for alternate uniforms to be used by the MLB team.

Teams reusing nicknames from another sport is nothing new. The NBA's New Orleans Pelicans usurped their name from the former baseball teams in the city.

23 minutes ago, pf9 said:

OK, the George Floyd protests have gotten the team thinking about changing their nickname.

Here's an easy solution. Use the name Barons, taken from various hockey teams in Cleveland. Sure it's also the name of one of our division rivals' farm teams, but it has a rich history here too.

The color scheme would be expanded to honor the entire history of sports in Cleveland, changing the shade of red used to wine, and adding gold, orange and brown to the team colors.

Similarly, I've proposed the Braves franchise acquire the rights to the identity of the former NHL team Atlanta Thrashers. using the look verbatim with one minor fix - the hockey stick of the original Thrashers logo (based on the bird called the thrasher) is modified to a baseball bat. The uniforms used by the NHL team would form the basis for alternate uniforms to be used by the MLB team.

Teams reusing nicknames from another sport is nothing new. The NBA's New Orleans Pelicans usurped their name from the former baseball teams in the city.

If they are going to steal a name. Rather them steal the Captain name from their single A team

I feel Captains is a Lake County thing (I should know, I lived in the county my entire life until I moved to Akron on February 1, a consequence of my father's death over a week before). Incidentally, I had been planning to go to a Captains game on Uber (having recently moved to Willoughby at the time of my father's death, after 30 years in either Painesville or Concord Townships) before having to cancel those plans after moving to Akron. Ironically, the whole minor league season ended up being canceled due to the pandemic, which I meant I couldn't even attend a Rubber Ducks game.

Plus Barons has a lot of brand equity in the city of Cleveland, far more than Captains.

Better idea would be to keep the name Indians and tell the cancel culture folks they don't have to watch. 

I've had Native American friends over the years that love the Indians and have not known any or heard any that have been offended by it.  It's all people who are offended unnecessarily on another's behalf. 

Edited by NateDawg

21 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Better idea would be to keep the name Indians and tell the cancel culture folks they don't have to watch. 

I've had Native American friends over the years that love the Indians and have not known any or heard any that have been offended by it.  It's all people who are offended unnecessarily on another's behalf. 

The Indians name debate reminds me of the time I was watching a Browns stream and people were arguing about the best way to use heroin.

How did we get here?

9 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Idk the Indians who usually protest the opener seems to not like it 

11 hours ago, NateDawg said:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/07/16/native-american-team-names-psychology-effect-redskins-indians-sports-logos-366409

Some actual info from actual studies by people with PHD’s using large scale surveys as opposed to the couple native Americans friends you may have says differently.

You can educate yourself or stick your heels in the ground and refuse to accept the info because it doesn’t fit your predetermined stance, up to you.

Meh I still side with my lifelong experience of interactions over a study involving someone hiding behind a PHD. These people have their own presuppositions and are going in to find conclusions that they already believe. I still don’t see firsthand accounts from actual Native Americans that are being offended. Just conclusions on others behalf, yet again.

I’m not in support of people being demeaned or offended. I’m just not seeing any evidence here whatsoever. All that article does is provide opinions and conclusions that aren’t actually based on anything factual. 

I’m going to let this one go though, as it’s just not going to be productive and is on the edge of things. If people really do feel low based off of a team nickname, that nickname is obviously not worth it. I just don’t want the reasoning behind something to be because someone is offended on another’s behalf. That’s been my own observation, so I can see it I don’t know the heart of everyone out there.