Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

1 minute ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Your reading comprehension is super low man. I'm done dealing with your attempts at semantic hunting using your selective nuance ignoring powers.

Benson is exciting. But he is still super risky. His value is higher than ever right now. In the right deal I wouldn't cry to move him. End of story.

Thanks bro

Back to the topic -

Just the facts, ma'am............

Tribe survives a late rally by the Royals last night in sultry Kansas City and survives. Twins come up short in Oakland. Say what you will - BUT - the Twins lead has SHRUNK to 7 games now. With 78 games still to play - 13 of them head to head with the Twins.

I think the most important series of the year comes right out of the gate after the All Star break. In Cleveland - 3 games head to head with the Twins. Although they will still have 10 head to head matchups with the Twins after those games, that weekend series could determine the direction of the franchise for the remainder of 2019. We MUST win that series at a minimum to keep us in the race.

The MLB trading deadline has been modified for 2019. You used to be able to acquire a player in August, as long as he cleared waivers. That is now history. All trades now must be completed by the 7/31 deadline. This forces teams to commit to a strategy for the remainder of the season earlier than before. I like the line from the movie "The Untouchables"  -  "Keep fighting until the fight is done!". I fear that if we lose that series or worse yet, get swept in that series - Dolan won't be able to help himself; the white flag will go up and all the veterans will be traded off for CHEAPER players and it will be ANOTHER three years minimum before we are ready to compete again.

The White Sox and the Royals are taking their lumps now - but in three years ; look out.

Edited by brooks1957

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Imagine if they would have just kept Urshela, Yandy and Brantley.

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Imagine if ownership would have invested some  money into the offense. Wouldn’t have had early offensive struggles or could have over came them at the time....

I am still sooooooooooooooo pissed about they DFA'd Gio. And they sure so damn smug about it.

Yo guys are preaching to the choir

21 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

I am still sooooooooooooooo pissed about they DFA'd Gio. And they sure so damn smug about it.

Yo guys are preaching to the choir

The same way the traded Yandy for Bauers because Yandy was pissed they wouldnt give him everyday playing time despite performing well

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Imagine if they would have just kept Urshela, Yandy and Brantley.

Ursela never looked like he was going to be anything with the bat tho. Yandy you saw the potential but he never got any play because he played IF. Indians should have kept Brantley

Tribe sweeps the Royals - coming back from a 3-1 deficit to win going away at 8-4. Meanwhile, in the Bay Area - the Twinkies get lit up - AGAIN.........

We are not even to the All Star Break, and the once insurmountable lead of 14 games is down to just 6 GAMES.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Ursela never looked like he was going to be anything with the bat tho. Yandy you saw the potential but he never got any play because he played IF. Indians should have kept Brantley

Then maybe our coaches need to be given a look under a microscope.....

Why were the Yankee coaches able to get the offense out of him? He is still playing elite defense, now he is hitting a respectable .250 - and he is an All Star.

You never ever ever trade elite defense.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Then maybe our coaches need to be given a look under a microscope.....

Why were the Yankee coaches able to get the offense out of him? He is still playing elite defense, now he is hitting a respectable .250 - and he is an All Star.

You never ever ever trade elite defense.

So you're saying that John McDonald should still be our utility guy?  ;)