Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

3 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

That is the thing BHD - no denying it, we are smack dab in the middle of a playoff race. You simply cannot trade off key components to you being in the race, and get nothing in return that keeps you in the race.

If Chernoff and Antonetti are bound and determined to trade Bauer, then it's time to play hardball with your trading partner and bend them over. If you want a premium front of the rotation and a premium closer, you BETTER come strong with your best offer. Get that weak stuff outta here, like Uncle Austin says....

If it is Atlanta.....I'm starting with Austin Riley, Kyle Wright, Kolby Allard and another up and coming arm like Patrick Weigel.  (Oh, yeah......I want more too.  :) If they want to pull back Weigel and Allard,  we'll toss in Kipnis, and they add Ozzie Albies.  :) 

giphy.gif

Now of course, we're not going to get Ozzie Albies, but that would be absolutely wonderful.  I think we'd only get on starting position player from them.

Edited by Bucketheadsdad

10 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Do we really want him starting if he comes back in August...?

I don't, unless he is rejuvenated by all the time he has had off, and maybe not even then.

I have little confidence in Kluber.

As I have said many times, I wish we had traded him in the off season.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Do we really want him starting if he comes back in August...?

he will be extremely fresh..it wasnt a core muscle, wasnt a lower leg issue, wasnt a shoulder or elbow injury. You never know. Worse comes to worse, he adds depth to the BP.

It's tough to say what Kluber we will see if he comes back in August.  Let's say he comes back mid-August though … you have a month and a half to figure it out (assuming we're playing playoff baseball).  You could use another playoff ace, and since he has that potential, you definitely need to at least see what you have in him coming back.  Start him off with some long-relief.  If that's going well, give him a start or two.  If you don't like what you have, you aren't tied to starting him in the playoffs.  There's a window of time to figure it out though.  If he's not healthy until October 1st, that's a different story. 

49 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

You could use another playoff ace

I think those days are gone.

Clevinger, Bauer and maybe even Bieber are more ace than Kluber at this point.

Besides, he has sucked big time the last two years in the playoffs.

We got KC for 3, Tor for 3, and KC for 4. 

Twins have Oak for 4, NYY for 3, and CHW for 4. 

To head into the trade deadline. We are currently 4 back and if the A’s hold on, it’s 3. So the Indians potentially could enter the series before the deadline either tied or leading the division. If that is the case, don’t pussyfoot around. Go get a legit right handed bat like Lindor asked for