Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

6 hours ago, buno67 said:

Sucks that the As couldn’t hold on but with the As and Rays both losing, the Indians now hold the #1 wild card spot 

I trust the Indians more than those 2 teams. However, I can see Dolan being Dolan and dumping Bauer for $.

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I trust the Indians more than those 2 teams. However, I can see Dolan being Dolan and dumping Bauer for $.

Depends on what the trade is. I don’t think they will trade Bauer for the hell of it. With how valuable Bauer is, you have to entertain all trade proposals

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Depends on what the trade is. I don’t think they will trade Bauer for the hell of it. With how valuable Bauer is, you have to entertain all trade proposals

A trade would have to make us better now, or Dolan will be throwing in the towel.

4 hours ago, bruceb said:

A trade would have to make us better now, or Dolan will be throwing in the towel.

Antonetti will only trade him to make the team better. They will eitehr trade him now or in the offseason. No way the Dolans will pay him next year. Better to trade him now cause potential suitors can get two potential playoff runs out of him. I think they are at least looking for a legit every day player and a stud prospect

45 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Huh?

Incredible value disparity there in NY's favor.

Yep.  Need (OK, want) more than Frazier in this case.  

Maybe Deivi Garcia and Joe Harvey or someone like them?  A couple more decent arms that are close to, or ready to be at the ML level.

Sometimes you just have to tip your cap to your opponent. Junis threw a hell of a game against us last night. Of all the "cellar dweller" teams we are in the midst of playing, the Royals have given us the most fits. They play hard fundamental baseball. The Indians cannot sleep on them. They play the game the right way.

Fortunately last night, the A's did us a favor and clipped the Twins. Divisional lead remains at 3 games. Tribe and Oakland now tied for AL WC top spots - Tampa Bay and Boston next in line at 2 and 3 games back respectively.

Time to put last night in the rear view mirror and go get them today to finish out the home stand.

Edited by brooks1957
  • Like 1