Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

Well, we escaped falling to 4 games back as the Yankees did us a favor and beat the Twins 14-12 in 10 last night.

That was the only good thing to come out of last night. I would do a "Top Gun" maneuver on Brad Hand.

"I can't believe I am going to do what I'm gonna do....... Hand was number 1 - He lost it. We're shipping him out. Wittgren - you were number 2 - now you're number 1. Good luck."

What was everyone's opinion of the You Tube broadcast? I think it reeked to high heaven - culminated by the extreme low blow shot they took at the Indians in between innings late in the game. Like we don't know what has happened since '48? WTF YouTube?

If I am Paul Dolan - I am on the phone raising holy hell with them. Totally unprofessional and uncalled for. Bunch of Gen Zers trying to act knowledgeable. By that single crass act alone - I feel that they should have the right to televise any more MLB games REVOKED.

21 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Well, we escaped falling to 4 games back as the Yankees did us a favor and beat the Twins 14-12 in 10 last night.

That was the only good thing to come out of last night. I would do a "Top Gun" maneuver on Brad Hand.

"I can't believe I am going to do what I'm gonna do....... Hand was number 1 - He lost it. We're shipping him out. Wittgren - you were number 2 - now you're number 1. Good luck."

What was everyone's opinion of the You Tube broadcast? I think it reeked to high heaven - culminated by the extreme low blow shot they took at the Indians in between innings late in the game. Like we don't know what has happened since '48? WTF YouTube?

If I am Paul Dolan - I am on the phone raising holy hell with them. Totally unprofessional and uncalled for. Bunch of Gen Zers trying to act knowledgeable. By that single crass act alone - I feel that they should have the right to televise any more MLB games REVOKED.

I've always enjoyed listening to Sean Casey.  There were some interesting camera angles that I don't recall seeing before.  Of course, youtube was going to self-promote during the broadcast, but I'm not a fan of bringing on "youtubers" to discuss phone reviews during a game.  

1 minute ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I've always enjoyed listening to Sean Casey.  There were some interesting camera angles that I don't recall seeing before.  Of course, youtube was going to self-promote during the broadcast, but I'm not a fan of bringing on "youtubers" to discuss phone reviews during a game.  

Casey is okay by me too. But I think you can tell that I am still really, really miffed at You Tube for that low blow shot at the Tribe. That decision came from management level - and they should be ashamed of themselves for that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brooks1957 said:

Casey is okay by me too. But I think you can tell that I am still really, really miffed at You Tube for that low blow shot at the Tribe. That decision came from management level - and they should be ashamed of themselves for that.

what was said? I didnt watch the game last night

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

what was said? I didnt watch the game last night

In between the top and bottom of the seventh or eighth inning, You Tube started by saying "The Indians have been chasing a World Series title since 1948". Then, in their infinite wisdom or arrogance, they proceeded to show a video montage, with damaging audio, of the Series in '95, in '97, in '16 as well as all of our ALCS failures in that time frame.

It's like all the You Tube execs were whipping their skippys because they were able to point out the failure of others. Absolutely uncalled for and done with zero class.

Edited by brooks1957

3 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Unless they are sending us Bryce Harper, and picking up 2/3rds of his remaining salary, there isn't too much in the Phillies' system that excites me.  Heck, Harper doesn't really even excite me that much.

OK, I guess Rhys Hoskins would be of some interest.  

If the Tribe can find a way to make moves for Castellanos and Puig, I would feel really confident in bringing this team into the post season.

Go in with something along the lines off..

Lineup

1. Francisco Lindor SS
  2. Oscar Mercado CF
  3. Carlos Santana 1B
  4. Yasiel Puig LF
  5. Nick Castellanos DH
  6. Jose Ramirez 3B
  7. Jason Kipnis 2B
  8. Roberto Perez C
  9. Tyler Naquin RF

Bench

• Kevin Plawecki
  • Mike Freeman
  • Greg Allen
  • Jake Bauers

Rotation

1. Trevor Bauer
  2. Shane Bieber
  3. Mike Clevinger
  4. Corey Kluber

Bullpen

1. Brad Hand
  2. Adam Cimber
  3. Nick Wittgren
  4. Oliver Perez
  5. Nick Goody
  6. Danny Salazar
  7. James Karinchak

8 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

If the Tribe can find a way to make moves for Castellanos and Puig, I would feel really confident in bringing this team into the post season.

Go in with something along the lines off..

Lineup

1. Francisco Lindor SS
  2. Oscar Mercado CF
  3. Carlos Santana 1B
  4. Yasiel Puig LF
  5. Nick Castellanos DH
  6. Jose Ramirez 3B
  7. Jason Kipnis 2B
  8. Roberto Perez C
  9. Tyler Naquin RF

Bench

• Kevin Plawecki
  • Mike Freeman
  • Greg Allen
  • Jake Bauers

Rotation

1. Trevor Bauer
  2. Shane Bieber
  3. Mike Clevinger
  4. Corey Kluber

Bullpen

1. Brad Hand
  2. Adam Cimber
  3. Nick Wittgren
  4. Oliver Perez
  5. Nick Goody
  6. Danny Salazar
  7. James Karinchak

That would be amazing 

8 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Real gauntlet in the schedule coming up after KC.  Houston, Anaheim, Rangers, Twins, BoSox, and the Yankees. 

If they can go better than .500 through that you have to be happy. 

Well by then the Indians will have made a trade or two to improve the team before that stretch

18 hours ago, buno67 said:

I can't figure out how to delete this text box, where I was going to quote from earlier.....

Chacin has just joined Woodruff on the IL.  

If the Brewers want to stay in the race, and we are deciding upon moving Trevor Bauer, we could definitely have some considerable leverage.  Bauer for Hiura straight up?  Hell, we can toss in Kipnis, and pay the rest of his salary as well.  Hell, I'd even toss in Yu Chang in this deal.  

Edited by Bucketheadsdad