Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Hamilton said during tonight's broadcast that he has friends in MN and nobody is happy. :D

Good - I hope they are miserable in 2 months............

Seriously, this is what I have been saying for a while - it is a totally different animal when you are the hunted as opposed to the hunter. Twins have not been in this position this late in the season.

Well, I think it is safe to say that Trevor Bauer likely won't be getting dealt.  Shelled in your last start before the trade deadline, then have a tantrum and throw the ball over the CF wall?  Not too endearing to teams that might be working on a deal for you.

Not to mention the optics for every little kid wathing the game, or seeing the video later.  You want to be pissed?  Go do it in the tunnel on the way to the dugout.

3 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Well, I think it is safe to say that Trevor Bauer likely won't be getting dealt.  Shelled in your last start before the trade deadline, then have a tantrum and throw the ball over the CF wall?  Not too endearing to teams that might be working on a deal for you.

Not to mention the optics for every little kid wathing the game, or seeing the video later.  You want to be pissed?  Go do it in the tunnel on the way to the dugout.

Almost all seemed staged, or maybe boil-over of uncertainty and stress about his future..

As in an: "I do not want to be traded" performance by Bauer.

8 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Almost all seemed staged, or maybe boil-over of uncertainty and stress about his future..

Saw a video clip of Francona coming out to the mount.  If you read lips, he said, "What the (insert expletive) is wrong with you?!"  

Don't think he was happy at all.

I think you are right.  Lots of pressure on him over the next couple days.  

Edited by Bucketheadsdad

11 minutes ago, bruceb said:

He has been boiling for a while now. Ive probably watched 75% of the Indians games this year and Bauer for the last 2 months seemed to have something bothering him. He always seemed like he was on edge and being more demonstrative than usual. As soon as Mercado lost that fly ball in the sun and let a run score, you could see Bauer fuming. 

Somebody on the twatter said earlier that Bauer might get dealt for nothing just because Francona and others are tired of his crap and its exhausting

How about trade him to HOU for Brantley back you morons.

15 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

He has been boiling for a while now. Ive probably watched 75% of the Indians games this year and Bauer for the last 2 months seemed to have something bothering him. He always seemed like he was on edge and being more demonstrative than usual. As soon as Mercado lost that fly ball in the sun and let a run score, you could see Bauer fuming. 

Somebody on the twatter said earlier that Bauer might get dealt for nothing just because Francona and others are tired of his crap and its exhausting

How about trade him to HOU for Brantley back you morons.

Get the hell out of here that he might be dealt for nothing to just get rid of him...

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Get the hell out of here that he might be dealt for nothing to just get rid of him...

Just repeating what I heard from a beat writer. Word is he is wears on the team/management and they have been dealing with it for the past 3+ years and are burnt out.

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Just repeating what I heard from a beat writer. Word is he is wears on the team/management and they have been dealing with it for the past 3+ years and are burnt out.

What best writer said that? You have him for two potential playoff runs. You aren’t trading him for nothing 

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if we dealt Bauer, but it’s not going to be for nothing. The Indians don’t make bad trades.

I dont think so either, but I believe now more than ever that the FO is actually pushing for it to happen. The Indians are a machine at pumping out pitching prospects. I dont think trading Bauer for a capable bat (domingo santana) is going to hinder their chances. Having Plutko or Plesac on a 24/7 basis is not going to matter a huge amount.  

What about a trade to Seattle for Mitch Haniger?

Edited by AkronsWitness

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I believe it was either Kenny Rhoda or Chris Fedor

Well neither of those guys are best writers for the team tho. They are sports writers with takes on the team. Hoynes,  Ryan Lewis, James Rapien are some of the biggest Indians beat guys

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I dont think so either, but I believe now more than ever that the FO is actually pushing for it to happen. The Indians are a machine at pumping out pitching prospects. I dont think trading Bauer for a capable bat (domingo santana) is going to hinder their chances. Having Plutko or Plesac on a 24/7 basis is not going to matter a huge amount.  

What about a trade to Seattle for Mitch Haniger?

Seattle is in a full rebuild.  They're not going to want to take on a 1 1/2 year "rental"  that is looking at $20 million/year in last year of arbitration.  Maybe a 3 team trade, with Cleveland sending Bauer elsewhere, them sening prospects to Seattle, and Santana coming here.  (He only has 3 years of control left.)  

It would take balls for the front office to deal for Haniger right now.  (He's on the IL.......might be able to guess why)