Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Well neither of those guys are best writers for the team tho. They are sports writers with takes on the team. Hoynes,  Ryan Lewis, James Rapien are some of the biggest Indians beat guys

Regardless, I dont think trading Bauer for a capable bat matters at all. I dont think if we lose him the team misses a beat--he hasnt exactly been great this year. If you sub out Bauer for Plesac I dont think the Indians are any worse off.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Seattle is in a full rebuild.  They're not going to want to take on a 1 1/2 year "rental"  that is looking at $20 million/year in last year of arbitration.  Maybe a 3 team trade, with Cleveland sending Bauer elsewhere, them sening prospects to Seattle, and Santana coming here.  (He only has 3 years of control left.)  

It would take balls for the front office to deal for Haniger right now.  (He's on the IL.......might be able to guess why)

Got it nevermind then. Im just thinking of a guy the Indians could trade TB for that could bat 6th in the lineup and hit .285 with 20 HRs and 85 RBIs.....

a guy like.......hmmmm

hmmm....

hmmmm...............

MICHAEL FREAKING BRANTLEY!!!!!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Regardless, I dont think trading Bauer for a capable bat matters at all. I dont think if we lose him the team misses a beat--he hasnt exactly been great this year. If you sub out Bauer for Plesac I dont think the Indians are any worse off.

Well plesac is getting a full run better in run support per game. That makes a difference. I don’t see plesac squaring off with other top pitchers. I like him but your acting like he can step in and be a 1/2 pitch right now. He isn’t there yet potentially 

Bauer has 3 Ls when he gave up 2runs in an outing. Has 5 no decisions, where he gave up 2, 1,1, 0, and 0 runs. Yeah his w/l record isn’t amazing but he has pitched pretty well this season. 

Def no where at the level that he must be moved no matter what. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

Returning to their senses? It’s not like they were going to sell him off at a discount. They made teams aware he is on the block but it would have to be for the right price. Just because no one is going to give them what they are looking for doesn’t mean they should reduce the asking price. 

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

That sort of came out of nowhere.

Has to be medically cleared so let's see what he's got.

There is some kind of rule that he has to see MLB action after 30 days after being taken off the IL or after his first rehab stint or something like that, if not you have to burn an option. Something weird like that. They were talking about it on Bull&Fox this afternoon. 

Only good thing is, they say he is 100% healthy and that he feels 100% healthy.