The 2017 Philadelphia Eagles are the Super Bowl Champions

Phire

33 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Both pail in comparision to this gem of a regime

kotite-1994.jpg

It wasn't as bad as people remember. He went 36-28 in 4 years. Playoffs his second year. Went 1-1. Nothing great but people can't forget his horrific end. I think he lost the last 7 games of his last year finishing 7-9 and off he went. A lot of blame had to go to the owner, Braman for not paying Reggie and watching that D slowly fall apart. With the defense he was handed, he should have been much better. But yea, he wasn't a good coach at all. His Jets tenure was an epic fail. Much like Chip, had early success and couldn't hold together a team. 

Edited by Jroc04

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

It wasn't as bad as people remember. He went 36-28 in 4 years. Playoffs his second year. Went 1-1. Nothing great but people can't forget his horrific end. I think he lost the last 7 games of his last year finishing 7-9 and off he went. A lot of blame had to go to the owner, Braman for not paying Reggie and watching that D slowly fall apart. With the defense he was handed, he should have been much better. But yea, he wasn't a good coach at all. His Jets tenure was an epic fail. Much like Chip, had early success and couldn't hold together a team. 

He was just a useless coach, he was like a Jason Garrett who couldn't clap

• Like 2

19 hours ago, RBreezy said:

Don’t know if anybody else saw (my bad if already mentioned) but the 2017 Birds we’re ranked 31st on the list of top Super Bowl teams.

Only winning teams above us from after 2000 are the 03/04 Patriots and 2013 Seahawks.

Who is this list by? because most of the teams today would smack early teams no contest.

It was probably put together by old executives or players from the 70s/80s

Edited by Danger

Yeah, nothing against those old teams, and some of them were straight monsters, but sports science, medical innovations, and general increase in knowledge of the human body has created super athletes. Those teams from decades ago were smoking cigars on the sidelines, today's athletes would run circles around them.

I think if you're looking at it as relative dominance from era to era, I don't think we were very good. More fortunate and aggressive to the moment than good. Do we have any HoF players on this team that participated in the SB?  Excluding the injured guys, the team is good not great on paper. I think we all realized ourselves during the year that this was a great opportunity to take advantage of some teams ill luck. A-Rod, Zeke, Legion of Boom dismantling, Giants falling flat, probably the worse Patriots super bowl team, and subpar play throughout the league. A lot of things fell our way even considering our injuries. I think we were good enough to win in the moment but not great. Without home field advantage or even if the Saints advancing, we don't pull the SB off. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Phire said:

Yeah, nothing against those old teams, and some of them were straight monsters, but sports science, medical innovations, and general increase in knowledge of the human body has created super athletes. Those teams from decades ago were smoking cigars on the sidelines, today's athletes would run circles around them.

Teams from the 90's would stand a chance, but anything before that gets smoked literally and figuratively.

On 5/14/2018 at 8:09 AM, Jroc04 said:

I think if you're looking at it as relative dominance from era to era, I don't think we were very good. More fortunate and aggressive to the moment than good. Do we have any HoF players on this team that participated in the SB?  Excluding the injured guys, the team is good not great on paper. I think we all realized ourselves during the year that this was a great opportunity to take advantage of some teams ill luck. A-Rod, Zeke, Legion of Boom dismantling, Giants falling flat, probably the worse Patriots super bowl team, and subpar play throughout the league. A lot of things fell our way even considering our injuries. I think we were good enough to win in the moment but not great. Without home field advantage or even if the Saints advancing, we don't pull the SB off. 

My thoughts exactly, aside from our usual case of injuries (seriously is there a team that loses their QB to injury as much as we do in the past 12 years?) it was nice that for once we got the lucky bounces which are paramount for a title run. But I don´t think this team is as good on paper as the Vikings and Rams.

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

So any news on when pictures of the SB Rings will be unvailed? Do we have to wait until Ring Night to see what they look like?

I´m on this boat as well. I´ve being waiting to see them from the moment the moment the game clock hit zeroes.